Work closely and make an impact to the health and well-being outcomes of remote Aboriginal communities.
- Part-time, fly in fly out 2 weeks on 2 weeks off
- Work as part of a supportive team to deliver primary healthcare services in remote communities
- Excellent remuneration and benefits on offer
You will be working for an Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Service located in the East Pilbara region of Western Australia. The service provides comprehensive and culturally appropriate primary health care services to four remote Aboriginal communities.
The passionate and multidisciplinary team of qualified and experienced health professionals including 4x GP's, Remote Area Nurses and Aboriginal Health Workers provide holistic and high quality health care to clients throughout the region.
- As a General Practitioner, you will provide culturally safe GP services within a comprehensive primary health care framework
- You will be responsible for undertaking a multidisciplinary and integrated approach to manage illness, promote well-being, maintain health systems, provide education and training and encourage community health action.
- With substantial support and collegiate networks available including visiting specialists, this General Practitioner role is integral to ensuring clinical leadership, cultural integrity and high standards of clinical care
- This position is part-time, fly in fly out 2 weeks on 2 weeks off
- $300,000.00 pa pro-rata commensurate with qualifications plus superannuation
- Generous salary packaging options
- Accommodation provided when working in the remote communities
- Paid transportation from place of origin for each authorised rostered rotation
- Vehicle provided for operational purposes within the communities
- 6 weeks' annual leave + 17.5% leave loading pro-rata
- Support to further invest in your career through additional training and study leave options
- Vocationally registered General Practitioner with current Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency registration
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles of comprehensive primary health care and Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Services as well as an understanding of the issues affecting the health and wellbeing of Aboriginal people, including social determinants of health
- Ability to travel in remote areas by light aircraft and/or a Four Wheel Drive vehicle (as required)
- Completion of an appropriate emergency medicine course such as REST, REACT or equivalent would be highly regarded
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won't stop until this is achieved.
By joining the Elective community you will receive career coaching, access to our deep knowledge of the Australian healthcare industry, our network of healthcare related educators and partners, our migration and regulatory advisor, and our relationships with public and private healthcare clients that have been established since 2008.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today. For confidential enquiries contact Emma Gordon on +61 2 9137 4301 or apply now.