Enjoy interesting and challenging work delivering rural maternity services.
- Join a major district health service and procedural hospital
- Flexible work arrangements
- Enjoy the rural charm, welcoming community and striking landscapes
This is one of the largest Local Health Districts in NSW, delivering innovative health services to about 277,000 residents. The LHD is diverse encompassing cities, inner regional, outer regional and remote communities.
The maternity service spans across two hospitals 30km apart which birth approx. 300 women on average per annum and provide ante-natal, post-natal and intrapartum care. The service provides outreach clinics to surrounding towns.
One facility has 27 beds and includes acute and sub-acute medical, surgical, rehabilitation and palliative care services, two birthing rooms and two maternity rooms, one operating theatre and collocated community and primary health services including outreach services to surrounding smaller towns. The facility has a modern emergency department with a large resuscitation bay and three beds.
The second facility has 28 inpatient beds which includes acute and sub-acute, medical, surgical, rehabilitation and palliative care services. Services include two birthing rooms, three maternity beds, two operating theatres, chemotherapy, medical imaging and collocated community and primary health services.
- As Visiting Medical Officer - Rural Generalist Obstetrician, you will perform clinical duties as expected of a Rural Generalist Obstetrician in addition to supporting acute and
emergency clinical care as required
- You will be clinically responsible for conducting both inpatient and outpatient obstetric services
- In addition, you will provide medical leadership to the Midwifery Group Practice model of care
- Rural Generalist Obstetrician's will participate in the on-call obstetrics roster
- You will provide mentorship of registrars that work in the hospital and ad hoc teaching as required
- VMO rates for Rural Generalist Obstetrician's - $150-200 per hour, depending on experience
- Flexible work practices
- Access to leadership and mentoring programs for accelerated career progression.
- Interesting and challenging work
- Live in a town surrounded by breathtaking natural landscapes, inspiring heritage and a dynamic retail sector
- Access to a range of excellent educational institutions
- Unconditional General and/or Specialist Registration with the Medical Board of Australia
- Fellowship of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners and/or Fellowship of the Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine and/or Vocational Recognition as a General Practitioner
- Successful completion of training statement from the Royal Australasian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists and current CPD in line with JCCOG requirements including attainment of Diploma of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of
- Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (Advanced)
- Minimum three (3) years post graduate clinical experience
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
By joining the Elective community you will receive career coaching, access to our deep knowledge of the Australian healthcare industry, our network of healthcare related educators and partners, our migration and regulatory advisor, and our relationships with public and private healthcare clients that have been established since 2008.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today. For confidential enquiries contact Emma Gordon on +61 2 9137 4301 or apply now.