This Mental Health Service provides great learning opportunities with comprehensive training and support.
- Commence April 2021 until February 2022
- Work in a location home to some of Tasmania's most beautiful natural attractions
- Thrive professionally and personally in a friendly and positive team environment
You will be working in a 300-bed public hospital that treats over 24,000 inpatients and over 225,000 outpatients every year. There is a strong emphasis on medical education and due to its accredited teaching hospital status, the hospital also enjoys close links with both the University of Tasmania, as well as the School of Nursing, which is also based here.
The dedicated acute mental health service provides both inpatient and outpatient services. Currently the service operates a 20 bed inpatient facility and community mental health services with clinic-based and community settings. In addition, the service operates a crisis assessment team service and both older persons, and children and adolescent mental health services.
- As Psychiatry Registrar, you will work as part of a multidisciplinary mental health service delivering high quality mental health care
- You will provide care and treatment of psychiatric patients in the Mental Health Service, including rostered emergency cover, as a junior doctor in supervision
- Participate in supervision of Resident Medical Officers and teaching of medical students in psychiatry
- Fixed term, full time, day working 80 hours per fortnight to commence from 28 April 2021 until 28 February 2022
- Hours may be negotiated with the successful applicant
- Base salary $89,649 - $126,854 per annum
- Superannuation, and access to salary packaging
- Flexible work/life balance and contemporary leave entitlements
- Affordable real estate; quality education system, stress free commuting, exceptional food and wine, a vibrant café and arts culture and all the entertainment and services needed to contribute to a great work/life balance
- Convenience of being one hour flight away from Melbourne
- MBBS or equivalent
- Current registration as a medical practitioner with the Australian Health Practitioner's Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- It is desirable that the applicant has successfully completed all fellowship examinations relevant to their training program and employment and is within 1 year of obtaining specialist fellowship
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won't stop until this is achieved.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today. For confidential enquiries contact Rebecca Plaza on +61 2 9137 4302 or apply now.