It may be Australia's smallest state, but Tasmania packs a punch!
- Remuneration up to $129,391 per annum
- Commence 1 February 2021 until 6 February 2022
- Laid back, affordable lifestyle
You will work in an innovative and dynamic organisation that employs over 1,200 full time equivalent staff, all dedicated to improving the health and well-being of the community.
The medical services across the North West region of Tasmania are based primarily at the North West Regional Hospital (NWRH) in Burnie and at the Mersey Community Hospital (MCH) in Latrobe, close to Devonport.
The North West Rural Clinical School of the University of Tasmania is located on the campus of the NWRH and the MCH. The Tasmanian Health Service – North West participates in a comprehensive undergraduate and graduate clinical training program with the Rural Clinical School.
The North West Private Hospital is co-located with the North West Regional Hospital and this facilitates private practice for many of the region’s specialists.
You will expand your skills, knowledge, and confidence as an Orthopaedics Registrar.
You will be responsible for the day to day management of public inpatients within the Orthopaedic Surgery department.
- Here you will find an enviable lifestyle and great career advantages. You can have it all right on your doorstep - dramatic coastlines and world class beaches, rugged mountains, lakes, and heritage listed wilderness.
- In your spare time you will enjoy a relaxed lifestyle, an amazing array of outdoor pursuits, a flourishing cafe culture and welcoming communities, all the services and facilities needed to create a safe and peaceful home for you and your family. Everything is in close proximity, making it possible to live in rural tranquility or by the beach, with only a short commute to work or the nearest city.
- The many lifestyle advantages include affordable housing and a high quality education system with close and open access for all to a range of schools, colleges and the University of Tasmania.
- The North West Coast of Tasmania is a tourist mecca and is positioned with airports and sea transport so it is very accessible to the rest of Tasmania and the Australian mainland. Air travel from Devonport to Melbourne is less than one hour and relatively inexpensive.
- The North West property market with significantly lower prices than on mainland Australia, attracts considerable interest from families and investors. Median property prices in Burnie range from $279,000 for houses to $172,500 for units. Houses rent for $275 per week and units rent for $200 per week.
Current General or Limited registration with AHPRA or eligible for Provisional registration.
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won’t stop until this is achieved.
To join our exclusive Elective community register today.