Showcase your leadership abilities as the Statewide Director of Forensic Psychiatry for this large mental health facility.
- Hobart is a vibrant city that offers great lifestyle opportunities
- Excellent leadership opportunity
- Competitive package and leave benefits
Statewide Mental Health Services is a key clinical service stream of the Tasmanian Health Service. The service provides Mental Health Services, Alcohol and Drug Services, Forensic Health Services and Correctional Primary Health across Tasmania.
Tasmania's Forensic Mental Health Services provides community and inpatient mental health assessment, treatment and case management for offenders (or people at risk of offending) who have a mental disorder. Community teams are based in the North and South of the state and Inpatient care is provided at the Wilfred Lopes Centre.
The Wilfred Lopes Centre is a specialist secure mental health facility located in Risdon Vale, Hobart. The Centre provides up to 35 beds and includes high dependency, extended care and semi-independent living.
- As the Statewide Specialty Director - Forensic Health Services, you will provide high level specialist advice in relation to clinical practice, strategic direction, policy and relevant legislation to Senior Management within the Department of Health and to other government and community sector agencies.
- You will work in partnership with the Group Director and Medical Director - Statewide Mental Health Services (SMHS) to ensure the provision of high standard, consumer focused and cost-effective clinical services to the Tasmanian community.
- You will facilitate a multi-disciplinary team approach to clinical service delivery, including fostering partnerships between health care providers, including primary care providers and across a range of disciplines and services to enhance the capacity for multi-disciplinary care.
- You will ensure the provision of clear, consistent policies/protocols for clinical staff and other assigned staff in the clinical service, in regard to clinical practice and administrative procedures.
- Participate in an on-call roster.
- You will work as a practicing clinician and will be allocated administrative time of up to 0.5FTE as approved by the Clinical Executive Director Statewide MHS.
- Regular intra-state travel will be required to achieve the required outcomes.
- Hobart has a conjoined international and domestic airport with domestic flights to Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane.
- The Lonely Planet ranks Hobart as one of the top ten spots to visit in the world. With world class activities, gourmet experiences and attractions nearby, the city offers residents and tourists a contrasting blend of culture, scenery and heritage.
- Award-winning restaurants that offer fine dining experiences using the best Tasmanian produce.
- A strong live music and theatre scene including a world class symphony orchestra, underground acts and performance art.
- Two golf courses ranked in the top 100 in the world and two of the best public courses in Australia.
- Luxury eco-resorts surrounded by stunning wilderness for mini-breaks to revitalise your inner being.
- Fantastic outdoor experiences to suit all levels of challenge and fitness for adventure lovers, including world famous walks like the Overland Track, the South Coast Track and the Three Capes Track. Great mountain biking, kayaking, rafting, sailing, surfing.
- Amazing travel experiences such as Bruny Island, the Huon and Derwent Valleys, Freycinet National Park and Wineglass Bay and historic Port Arthur.
- Take a ferry on the River Derwent and visit the Museum of Old and New Art (MONA) for a mind-blowing modern and contemporary art museum experience.
- Registered or eligible for registration as a Specialist with the Australian Health Practitioner’s Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Fellowship of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of College of Psychiatrists (FRANZCP).
- Membership of RANZCP section of Forensic psychiatry.
- Ability to gain recognition by the RANZCP as an accredited supervisor.
- Current Driver’s Licence.
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won’t stop until this is achieved.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today. For confidential enquiries contact Rebecca Plaza on +61 2 9137 4302 or apply now.