This is your opportunity to work in a challenging, dynamic and diverse environment in far North Queensland.
- Indicative package $402,311 to $493,788 p.a.
- Experience a diverse case-mix not encountered in metro practice
- Generous allowances and benefits
This facility is a Level 4 Specialist Service Base Hospital with a total of 80 beds. It is the referral hospital for the North West region and a number of remote country/community hospitals covering an area of approximately 300,000 square kilometres. The hospital has undergone a redevelopment which included a new emergency department, new outpatients department, mental health (outpatient) unit, cancer care centre and paediatrics unit.
- As Specialist Psychiatrist provide contemporary inpatient and outpatient mental health services and work with the Homeless Health Outreach Team
- Participate in mental health service strategic planning, actively driving quality improvement activities and ensure good team communication and function
- Participate in the after hours on-call roster, which includes patients across the age continuum
- Actively take part in quality improvement, risk management, peer review, Morbidity and Mortality meetings and Audit and to demonstrate positive change as a result
- Establish and maintain collaborative partnerships with non-mental health medical practitioners, other government service providers
- Provide clinical teaching to junior medical staff, medical students and other mental health clinicians.
- A permanent full-time role is on offer
- Indicative package $402,311 to $493,788 p.a. (L18 - L27)
- Attraction and retention incentive allowance of 50% base annual salary
- Regional and rural attraction allowance of 15% base annual salary
- Motor vehicle allowance
- Professional development allowance and leave of 3.6 weeks p.a.
- Inaccessibility allowance of $34,500 p.a.
- 5 weeks Annual Recreational Leave accumulation with 17.5% loading when taken
- Generous employer contribution to superannuation of 12.75%
- FREE Accommodation
- Salary packaging options
- Live in a unique and progressive city in the heart of North West Queensland, renowned for its friendly and welcoming nature
- People enjoy living in this modern community, with restaurants, excellent health care, shopping, churches, clubs, service clubs and social activities
- Fellowship of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrist (RANZCP) or eligibility for Fellowship via the Substantial Comparability pathway
- Specialist registration with AHPRA or eligible for Specialist registration with the Medical Board of Australia (AHPRA)
- Experience in Addictions psychiatry, highly desirable
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won't stop until this is achieved.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today. For confidential enquiries contact Rebecca Plaza on +61 2 9137 4302 or apply now.