Join a service that facilitates your clinical, academic and research interests while supporting a good work life balance.
- Package up to $425,794 p.a.
- Join an enthusiastic multi-disciplinary team with skilled junior medical officer cohort
- The service promotes opportunities for research and academic progression
This Mental Health Service provides specialist mental health, substance and alcohol related care to a catchment population in excess of 250,000. The service has a diverse geographic footprint, ranging from regional cities to remote townships in the west and beach-side communities along the coast.
The Inpatient Unit, Older persons Inpatient Unit and Acute Care Team are located at the principal service facility within this health services. The Mental Health Team consists of 16.5 FTE Consultant positions and 23 FTE Junior Medical Officers. The Consultants have subspecialty interests including Psychiatry of Old Age, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Forensics, Developmental Disability, Intellectual Handicap, ABI and Addiction psychiatry. The service is accredited by the RANZCP for training through to achievement of the Fellowship of the RANZCP including accreditation for advanced training in Adult, Old Age and Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
- As a Specialist Psychiatrist - Old Age, you will provide high-quality psychiatry services to consumers of the Mental Health Alcohol and Other Drugs Service and provide clinical leadership for the Mental Health clinical team
- This position requires you to facilitate effective mental health care across the continuum of Psychiatry of Old Age inpatient and community settings and within a multidisciplinary environment
- You will provide expert services, including new and review assessments, outpatient sessions, in reach services and clinical rounds
- You will participate in after-hours on call and weekend roster
- You will supervise and teach advanced trainees, junior medical staff, and students
- Competitive remuneration package up to $425,749 p.a.
- Fantastic salary sacrificing benefits
- Generous superannuation and annual leave loading
- Professional development allowance and leave
- Motor vehicle allowance
- Flexible rostering arrangements, variety and work/life balance
- Affordable housing and rental market and lower cost of living
- Live in the gateway to the Southern Great Barrier Reef and enjoy excellent shopping, sporting, cultural, education and tourism facilities
- Fellowship of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrist (RANZCP) or eligibility for Fellowship via the Substantial Comparability pathway
- Eligible for Specialist registration with the Medical Board of Australia (AHPRA)
- Candidates with an interest in and/or certification in Psychiatry of Old Age will be preferred. Consideration may be given to General Adult Psychiatrists.
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won't stop until this is achieved.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today.