Realise your professional and personal career goals with this Consultant Psychiatrist position in welcoming Tasmania.
- Remuneration package up to $427,000 as per the Award
- Excellent education and career opportunities for families
- Escape everyday pressures and pollution, in one of the most beautiful parts of the world
You will be working in a 300-bed public teaching hospital that treats over 24,000 inpatients and over 225,000 outpatients every year. There is a strong emphasis on medical education and the hospital enjoys close links with the University of Tasmania as well as the School of Nursing.
Mental Health Services incorporate Inpatient Mental Health, Adult Community Mental Health, Child and Adolescent Mental Health, Older Persons Mental Health and Crisis and Assessment Treatment Team Mental Health Services.
The dedicated acute mental health service provides both inpatient and outpatient services. Currently, the service operates a 20 bed inpatient facility and community mental health services with clinic-based and community settings. In addition, the service operates a crisis assessment team service and both older persons, and children and adolescent mental health services.
- As a Consultant Psychiatrist, you will work as part of a multidisciplinary mental health service delivering high quality mental health care.
- You will provide General Adult Inpatient and Community psychiatric services to the Northside Mental Health Clinic, Launceston General Hospital, Adult Community Mental Health Service and other Mental Health Services facilities, as required.
- Act as a consultant to mental health professionals and health service providers, including General Practitioners and other agencies.
- Undertake supervisory responsibilities with Psychiatry Registrars and other medical staff, as required.
- This is a permanent full time position with ample opportunity for teaching and supervision.
- Remuneration package up to $427,000 as per the Award.
- Salary package includes on call and call back allowances and allowance in lieu of Private Patient Plan and superannuation.
- Relocation and accommodation assistance provided.
- Commitment to ongoing professional development, including conference and sabbatical leave, in addition to annual leave entitlements.
- Tasmania's sense of community, unhurried pace of life and spectacular scenery will enhance your wellbeing. It is the perfect place to restore balance and revitalise your inner being.
- For adventure enthusiasts, there are magnificent nature walks and outdoor activities in national parks and reserves - all within easy reach of the city centre.
- Launceston has vibrant food scene (dine at Homage Restaurant at Woolmers Estate in World Heritage-listed surrounds), the Tamar Valley Wine Trail has more than 30 cellar doors to sample, art galleries, museums and design studios showcase exquisitely designed arts and crafts and explore stunning beaches located in quiet coastal towns.
- Launceston has affordable real estate and offers an exceptional standard of living for families with numerous private and public schools.
- Melbourne is a one hour flight from Launceston.
- You are registered or eligible for registration as a Specialist with the Australian Health Practitioner's Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- You have Fellowship of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of College of Psychiatrists (RANZCP) or equivalent qualification.
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won't stop until this is achieved.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today. For confidential enquiries contact Rebecca Plaza on +61 2 9137 4302 or apply now.