Provide clinical leadership for the Alcohol and Other Drugs Service multidisciplinary team.
- Package up to $446,028 p.a.
- Challenging work, with a supportive team environment
- Country living with all the big city advantages
This Mental Health Alcohol and Other Drugs Service provides specialist care to a catchment population in excess of 250,000. The service has a diverse geographic footprint, ranging from regional cities to remote townships in the west and beach-side communities along the coast.
The Inpatient Unit, Older persons Inpatient Unit and Acute Care Team are located at the principal service facility within this health services. The Mental Health Team consists of 16.5 FTE Consultant positions and 23 FTE Junior Medical Officers. The Consultants have subspecialty interests including Psychiatry of Old Age, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Forensics, Developmental Disability, Intellectual Handicap, ABI and Addiction Psychiatry. The service is accredited by the RANZCP for training.
The service will see growth in Old Age Psychiatry, Addiction Psychiatry and Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, as part of the new Queensland Mental Health Plan 2021-26.
- As a Specialist Psychiatrist - Addiction Medicine, you will provide high-quality psychiatry services to consumers of the Mental Health Alcohol and Other Drugs Service and provide clinical leadership for the Mental Health clinical team
- Provide timely and efficient medical assessment and treatment planning using evidence based comprehensive assessment including risk assessment and contemporaneous clinical practice guidelines and management approaches in decision making
- Take part in AODS scheduled clinics, attend and contribute at all case reviews and intake meetings and provide high level medical inputs to the multidisciplinary team processes
- Participates in professional continuing educational activities of the department and organisation
- Provide supervision and guidance to Resident Medical Officers and RANZCP trainees
- As a Consultant, you will be rostered as second on call at a frequency of 1 in 13/14
- Competitive remuneration package up to $446,028 p.a.
- Fantastic salary sacrificing benefits
- Generous superannuation and annual leave loading
- Professional development allowance and leave
- Motor vehicle allowance
- Affordable housing and rental market and lower cost of living
- Live in the gateway to the Southern Great Barrier Reef and enjoy excellent shopping, sporting, cultural, education and tourism facilities
- Fellowship of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrist (RANZCP) or eligibility for Fellowship via the Substantial Comparability pathway
- Eligible for Specialist registration with the Medical Board of Australia (AHPRA)
- General Adult Psychiatrists with experience in Addiction psychiatry will be considered
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won't stop until this is achieved.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today. For confidential enquiries contact Rebecca Plaza on +61 2 9137 4302 or apply now.