Enjoy a rewarding career in one of the most beautiful regions of Queensland that offers unmatched lifestyle opportunities.
- Package up to $420,661 p.a.
- Progressive regional health service
- Stunning location where the coastline meets the country
This hospital and health service provides services to a fast growing regional area. An acute 142-bed hospital works in close partnership with an 80-bed hospital to deliver high quality health care to the community. A comprehensive range of health care services are available including acute inpatient and outpatient services and community health, oral health and community mental health services. The acute hospital is currently undergoing a major multi-million-dollar upgrade including an expanded Emergency Department, ICU and Education Centre.
The Mental Health, Alcohol and Other Drugs Service provides a comprehensive range of services including community adult, child and youth, older persons, prison mental health, indigenous mental health and inpatient services such as the acute inpatient units, community care unit and Step Up Step Down facilities.
- As a Specialist Psychiatrist you will provide expert Psychiatric care and advice to patients attending Mental Health Services (out-patient, in-patient and hospital-in-the-home)
- You will provide professional leadership in the area of Mental Health within a multidisciplinary environment
- Psychiatrists will provide training, education and supervision to junior medical staff and other health care team members
- You will have a commitment to continuing professional development
- You will participate in regularly team meetings, case review forums and educational forums
- Specialist Psychiatrists will participate in research as appropriate
- Competitive remuneration package up to $420,661 p.a.
- Fantastic salary sacrificing benefits
- Generous superannuation and annual leave loading
- Professional development allowance and leave
- Motor vehicle allowance
- Private practice arrangements
- Flexible rostering arrangements, variety and work/life balance
- Affordable housing and rental market and lower cost of living
- Just over three hours' drive or a quick 45-minute flight from Brisbane
- Marine parks, wetlands, ancient rainforests and a stunning coastline of pristine, white sandy beaches on your doorstep
- Fellowship of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrist (RANZCP) or eligibility for Fellowship via the Substantial Comparability pathway
- Specialist registration with AHPRA or eligible for Specialist registration with the Medical Board of Australia (AHPRA)
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won't stop until this is achieved.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today. For confidential enquiries contact Rebecca Plaza on +61 2 9137 4302 or apply now.