The challenges and opportunities in health and community care in the Territory are like no other in Australia.
- Remuneration up to $291,433 per annum
- Gain broad environmental health experience
- Live and work in the gateway to the outback
This health service includes 4 hospitals, a region-wide Mental Health Service and numerous remote health clinics. The Mental Health Service provides both rural and remote mental health care assessments, case management and recovery focused treatment programs. The dedicated Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS) is connected to the major teaching hospital in the health service.
- Join a collaborative team that includes the clinical director for CAMHS, dedicated registrar and MDT
- Provide clinical services in child and adolescent psychiatry including management of the 4-bed ward
- Assess, plan and undertake management of C&A outpatients (20%) and inpatients (80%) as required
- Provide clinical leadership, supervision and clinical governance within a C&A Mental Health Team
- Utilise recognised principles of clinical excellence in C&A psychiatry to achieve excellent standards of patient care
- Participate in the postgraduate psychiatry-training program as teacher and supervisor of registrars and be a member of the training committee
- Participate in activities of the local Clinical School in particular the teaching of psychiatry to medical students and in the Postgraduate Psychiatry Training Program of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatry (RANZCP)
- Participate in after-hours on-call roster (approximately 4 weeks per year) and be available for consultation for daytime crisis calls in the designated area of responsibility
- Salary $234,068 - $258,922
- Superannuation and Leave loading
- The challenges and opportunities in health and community care in the NT are like no other in Australia, from remote Aboriginal health to tropical health and Australia's National Critical Care and Trauma Response Centre
- Enjoy a relaxed tropical lifestyle, a cosmopolitan population and magnificent sunsets
- The natural wonders of Kakadu National Park, Litchfield National Park and Katherine Gorge are all within half a day's drive
- Current or eligible for registration as a specialist with AHPRA
- Fellowship of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists (FRANZCP), or equivalent and eligible for the Substantial Comparability pathway
- Minimum of six years experience working as a consultant psychiatrist
- Demonstrated experience in Child and Adolescent psychiatry
- License to operate a class C motor vehicle
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won't stop until this is achieved.
To join our exclusive Elective community register today. For confidential enquiries contact Rebecca Plaza on +61 2 9137 4302 or apply now.