Provide professional leadership and a high-quality Anaesthesia service.
- Package up to $446,028 p.a
- Growing regional hospital with welcoming team
- Live close to the Great Barrier Reef
This health service serves a growing population of approximately 250,000 people and treats more than 700,000 patients each year.
This position will be based at the 305-bed main referral hospital. Specialist Medical Services offered at the hospital include Emergency Medicine, General Medicine, Cardiology, Renal Medicine, Palliative Care, Psychiatry, Rehabilitation, Geriatric Medicine, Paediatrics, General Surgery, Orthopaedics, Urology, ENT, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Intensive Care and Anaesthetics.
The hospital has four operating theatres and two procedure rooms. The operating theatre complex is supported by a 8 bed ICU/HDU. The Anaesthesia department is accredited for specialist training and is involved in teaching and research.
- As Specialist Anaesthetist, you will assist the Director of Anaesthesia, and two General Surgeon colleagues, in ensuring that the Anaesthesia services are of the highest standard and delivered safely, reliably and efficiently.
- Conduct acute pain service ward rounds, pre-anaesthetic assessment clinics and anaesthesia for endoscopy, general surgery, orthopaedics, obstetrics, gynaecology, urology, ophthalmology, Ear Nose and Throat, dental and investigative services for the care of patients
- You will participate in the after-hours and weekend on-call roster
- Participate in clinical meetings, continual professional improvement and medical education
- Provide leadership and teaching to the resident medical staff and participate in undergraduate teaching of medical students
- Competitive remuneration package up $408,051 - $446,028 p.a
- Salary packaging
- Generous superannuation and annual leave loading
- Professional development allowance and leave
- Attraction and retention incentive allowance (Granted Private Practice arrangements)
- Flexible rostering arrangements, variety and work/life balance
- Affordable housing and rental market and lower cost of living
- Live in the gateway to the Southern Great Barrier Reef and enjoy excellent shopping, sporting, cultural, education and tourism facilities
- Holds current registration as a Specialist in Anaesthesia with the Australian Health Practitioner Registration Authority (AHPRA)
- Fellowship of the Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists (FANZCA)
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won't stop until this is achieved.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today.