Enjoy a rewarding career in one of the most beautiful regions of Queensland that offers unmatched lifestyle opportunities.
- Gain variety in your role as a General Adult Psychiatrist
- Live in one of the most diverse and beautiful regions in Queensland
- Located 45 minutes flight time from Brisbane
This Health Service provides services to a fast growing regional area. An acute 142-bed hospital works in close partnership with an 80-bed hospital to deliver high quality health care to the community. A comprehensive range of health care services is available including acute inpatient and outpatient services and community health, oral health and community mental health services. The acute hospital is currently undergoing a major multi-million-dollar upgrade including an expanded Emergency Department, ICU and Education Centre.
The Mental Health, Alcohol and Other Drugs Service provides a comprehensive range of services including community adult, child and youth, older persons, prison mental health, indigenous mental health and inpatient services such as the acute inpatient units, community care unit and Step Up Step Down facilities.
- As Consultant Psychiatrist, you will provide expert psychiatric care and advice to adult patients attending the inpatient, outpatient and hospital-in-the-home mental health services.
- Consult, liaise with and support patients, carers, colleagues, nursing, allied health and support staff to provide coordinated multidisciplinary care.
- Provide training, education and supervision to junior medical staff and other health care team members.
- Initiate, implement and participate in audit, quality improvement and research activities.
- Undertake clinical shifts at the direction of the Clinical Director including participation in the on-call roster.
- Competitive remuneration package up to $430,003 p.a.
- Fantastic salary sacrificing benefits.
- Generous superannuation and annual leave loading.
- Professional development allowance and leave.
- Motor vehicle allowance.
- Private practice arrangements.
- Flexible rostering arrangements, variety and work/life balance.
- Just over three hours’ drive or a 45-minute flight from Brisbane.
- The area is well known for its relaxed lifestyle, natural beauty and local attractions, such as the Great Barrier Reef, Mon Repos Beach and the spectacular Fraser Island.
- There is also plenty to see inland, including scenic farming land, rugged mountain ranges and peaceful national parks.
- Affordable housing and rental market and lower cost of living.
- Eligible for registration with the Medical Board of Australia.
- Fellowship of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists (FRANZCP) or equivalent qualification.
- Current drivers licence.
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won’t stop until this is achieved.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today. For confidential enquiries contact Rebecca Plaza on +61 480 002 471 or apply now.