Forensic Psychiatrist required to work in a secure health setting.
- Applications from SIMGs considered
- Medium to maximum secure prison work
- Remuneration up to $460,000 per annum
This State-wide Mental Health Services is a leader and innovator for a unique corner of the healthcare industry. They provide a comprehensive suite of services across the areas of mental health, alcohol and drugs, forensic mental health and correctional primary health.
- Provide a wide range of psychiatric services to inmates within the Prison Service (medium to maximum security), patients of the secure inpatient unit and to clients of the Community Forensic Mental Health Service
- Provide a consultation and liaison service to the wider Mental Health Service
- Liaison with other community service providers (especially GP's), Community Corrections and Court staff to ensure continuity of patient care
- Provide training, education and supervision to junior medical staff and other health care team members
- Maintain and contribute to a safe environment for inpatients, staff and visitors
- Development and implementation of safety systems, improvement initiatives and related training, ensuring that quality and safety improvement processes are in place and acted upon
- Participate in after-hours on call roster
- Competitive salary and allowances and comprehensive employment package
- Attractive on-call work and call-back allowances
- Support for professional development
- A balance of engaging and challenging work with vibrant arts and culture, wilderness experiences, pristine beaches and culinary delights
- This city combines heritage charm with a modern lifestyle in a setting of exceptional beauty
- Opportunities to pursue areas of interest including research and further education
- Generous relocation assistance for both Australian and international candidates
- Registered or eligible for registration as a Specialist with the Australian Health Practitioner's Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Fellowship of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of College of Psychiatrists (RANZCP) or equivalent Psychiatrist specialist qualifications
- Recent experience in Forensic psychiatry
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won't stop until this is achieved.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today.