Ensure the delivery of surgical services, and develop a centre of excellence.
- Package up to $446,040 p.a
- Work-life balance your entire family will love
- This dynamic regional city has easy access to the southern reaches of the Great Barrier Reef
This health service serves an expanding population of approximately 250,000 people and treats more than 700,000 patients each year.
This position will be based at a growing regional hospital with a total capacity of 100 beds and treatment spaces, that currently offers a range of general and specialist inpatient and outpatient services. Surgery performed at this hospital is consistent with the Level 3 Clinical Services Capability Framework for Surgical Services.
The aim of this hospital is to develop a centre of excellence in general surgical procedures, endoscopy, skin cancers including melanoma, hernia repairs and abdominal surgery. Currently approximately 3165 surgical cases p.a are performed in the two operating theatres with around 1100 endoscopies performed yearly. At present there is a 31-bed mixed General Surgical and Medical Ward and a four bed High Dependency Unit. The hospital has a busy surgical outpatient clinic reviewing a wide variety of surgical conditions.
- As Specialist General Surgeon, you will assist the Director of Surgery, and two General Surgeon colleagues, in ensuring that Surgical services are of the highest standard and delivered in a reliable and cost-effective manner
- The role entails management of acute and elective surgical conditions both in adults and children
- Participate in the Consultants' after hours on call roster for General Surgery (ratio 1:4)
- Active participation in patient safety, clinical audit, research and service planning activities
- Assist with the education and supervision of surgical trainees at PHO, RMO and intern level, of medical students and of other medical staff
- Remuneration package $408,063 - $446,040 p.a
- Salary packaging
- Over-time, on-call and motor vehicle allowances
- Generous superannuation and annual leave loading
- Professional development allowance and leave
- Attraction and retention incentive allowance and inaccessibility incentive allowance
- Excellent area for families with affordable housing, wonderful sporting facilities and well-regarded private and state schools
- The region contains some incredible natural wonders, including Heron Island, Lady Musgrave Island and Wilson Island
- Registration or eligibility for registration as a Specialist in General Surgery with the Australian Health Practitioner Registration Authority (AHPRA)
- Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS) in the speciality of General Surgery
- Accreditation by GESA in upper and lower GI endoscopy is essential as is expertise in Laparoscopic Surgery
- Expertise in Upper GI Surgery is desirable
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won't stop until this is achieved.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today.