Utilise and enhance your rural practice skills across a combined general practice and local rural hospital setting.
- Percentage of billings + allowances
- Mix of practice and hospital based medicine
- Friendly supportive team
The practice is located in a modern building, fully air conditioned with 8 consult rooms and procedures room. The practice is fully computerised using Medical Director and Pracsoft software. It is fully supported by nursing and allied health staff, as well as visiting medical specialists.
You will service quite a large area around the region with approximately 10% of the community being aboriginal. The practice is the only facility in the town and is located within walking distance to the main street and pharmacy, and only 3 minutes drive to the hospital.
The hospital has 24 beds including an emergency department, a modern operating theatre and x-ray facilities. All doctors obtain Visiting Medical Officer status and provide all services in the hospital.
Pre-fellowship, doctors are required to be supervised and the principal GP will be second on call, available to be called in at any time, or available by phone at any time, depending on the level of supervision required.
The main referral hospital is Wagga Wagga Rural Referral Hospital, 100km away. Transfers are also made to Canberra or Sydney by helicopter when required.
- You will join a friendly and supportive practice in a team of 3 GPs, 2 GP Registrars and 1 Level 1 OTD
- Opportunity to provide teaching and supervision to registrars and medical students.
- You will see approximately 6000-7000 patients per annum, excluding hospital work.
- The hours are Monday to Friday - 9am - 6pm with after hours cover provided by GP's via the local hospital.
- The on call requirement is currently 1 in 4 or 5 weekends and 1 day during the week.
- You will be comfortable with emergency work, and keen to learn and develop new skills.
- Obstetrics, Anaesthetics or Surgical skills are highly desirable if recognised.
- With a 60% of practice billings and 70% of hospital billings your annual income will be in the range of $200,000 to $350,000+ for 8 sessions a week plus on call
- You will also be eligible to receive the Rural Incentive payment grant between $12,000 to $23,000, plus grants are available for emergency and other CPD up to $16,000 per annum
- The town is situated beside the Murrumbidgee River and sits at the heart of the Riverina region.
- The town has everything you need with boutique shopping & dining, heritage walks, museums and access to fishing, kayaking and swimming
- You will be a vocationally registered General Practitioner
- FRACGP, FACRRM or be close to completing your Fellowship.
- Advanced skills in emergency, surgery, anaesthetics are desirable but not essential, a willingness to learn however is a must
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won't stop until this is achieved.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today. For confidential enquiries contact Emma Gordon on +61 2 9137 4301 or apply now.