Work with an expanding service to provide quality patient care in a hybrid model of GPs and Consultants
- Multiple openings - full or part time positions available
- 2 hours from Melbourne
- FRACGP or FACRRM essential
You will be working for the major public healthcare provider in a regional area of South East Victoria. The service has provided quality service and care for residents for over 100 years. It is an integrated Health Service providing Emergency services as well as Acute Medical and Surgical, Sub-acute and Residential inpatient beds along with an extensive array of Community and Primary care services.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a community where sun, sand, surf and a positive lifestyle await. This is a growing service that has received $115 million from the government to build a vibrant and significantly expanded Health Service. The service is committed to a hybrid model of consultants and GPs who support a busy Surgical Service delivering elective and emergency care as well as the rural generalist model of care.
- The Rural Generalist General Practitioners form part of the Senior Medical Team at this health service
- GPs will be responsible for the assessment and treatment of patients on the acute medical ward in the day-to-day running of the health service, in conjunction with consultants
- Provide daily ward rounds on the acute medical ward.
- Review and management of patients admitted to HITH & ITCU.
- Respond and lead all MET calls across the hospital.
- Attend and provide clinical support at code Blues
- GPs will support the on call roster as required
- Review of patients in the Subacute ward
- Ensure timely completion of discharge summaries that are provided to the patient on the day of discharge.
- Provide supervision, training and development of Registrars and Junior Hospital Medical Officers
- Full or part time opportunities available from 8 hours to 38 hours per week
- Remuneration inline with the AMA Victoria -Victorian Public Health Sector -Medical Specialists Enterprise Agreement 2018-2021
- Professional development opportunities and CME allowances
- Salary packaging
- Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of General Practitioners, or Fellowship of the Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine is essential (FRACGP or FACRRM)
- Demonstrated clinical background and experience in hospital based internal medicine.
- Demonstrated organisational, interpersonal, consultation, negotiation and communication skills
- Experience in teaching and mentoring of Junior Medical Staff
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won't stop until this is achieved.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today.