Exceptional lifestyle opportunity in the tropical Whitsunday's region
- Spend your free time sailing around the stunning Whitsunday Islands
- Excellent QLD Health package and benefits
- Support to complete your Fellowship (FACRRM, FARGP)
You will be working in a 27 bed rural hospital servicing the town of Bowen and surrounding areas, located 200kms south of Townsville and 185 kms north of Mackay. Services provided include inpatient services, Emergency patient care; General Outpatients, Allied Health services including: Pharmacy; Radiography; Physiotherapy; Speech Pathology; Occupational Therapy; Community Health Antenatal and Postnatal outpatient services; Oral Health; Outreach Mental Health and AODS services; Visiting Medical Specialists (Paediatrician, Psychiatrist; Respiratory Physician; Endocrinologist and Orthopaedic Surgeon); Tele-health services supported by medical officers.
- This hospital based role is suitable for an established rural generalist or a GP senior medical officer on a pathway to Fellowship
- You will develop and maintain a high-quality, effective, efficient and equitable clinical service to hospital clients.
- Provide education of medical staff and students, allied health, interested community groups and nursing staff
- Ensure optimum patient care, and to ensure integration of services in the wider community.
- Join a friendly team at this hospital, only 1 hour's drive from Airlie Beach and the Whitsundays!
- Salary package up to $397,299 p.a.
- employer superannuation contribution (up to 12.75%), annual leave loading (17.5%), attraction and retention incentive allowance, professional development allowance, professional development leave 3.6 weeks p.a., professional indemnity cover, plus overtime and on-call allowances.
- Minimum General or Specialist Registration with AHPRA with broad clinical experience in primary health care medicine
- Demonstration of or working toward acquisition of medical skills commensurate with requirements of rural practice. (FRACGP, FACRRM, FARGP or equivalent).
- Certification of at least one (secondary) advanced rural skill is highly desirable.
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We work tirelessly to listen, care, empower and help you dream big to design a healthcare career you love to live.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today. For confidential enquiries contact Emma Gordon on +61 2 9137 4301 or apply now.