Provide GP services and hospital ED support to this thriving rural community.
- Challenging and rewarding clinical work
- Build meaningful relationships with patient
- Benefit from excellent nursing support
The health service has a hospital with 10 acute beds, 6 aged care beds, 2 emergency beds and 1 treatment room bed. The facility provides 24-hour emergency care to the community. The hospital also offers a general outpatient clinic and a range of outpatient services are provided by resident and visiting clinicians. The Service also manages a second facility 0.9km off site which has 16 aged care beds.
Visiting health services include an Obstetrician and Surgeon and Royal Flying Doctor Service clinics. Allied health services include physiotherapy, home nursing and support, speech pathology, community mental health, health promotion/education and screening.
- As General Practitioner you will provide high-quality multidisciplinary clinical services to public inpatients, outpatients, accident and emergency and aged care services
- You will be authorised to conduct private practice at the local GP Surgery concurrently with your employment duties for the Hospital. The surgery is open Monday to Friday, 0900/0930 - 1700
- Your responsibilities will include emergency presentations, ward rounds for the acute patients and a review of aged care residents as needed
- You will be supported by experienced nursing staff that can treat some presentations after-hours
- Indicative package $159,479p.a - $184,196p.a.
- Situated three hours west of Mackay with a population just over 3000
- Prosperous rural town with strong industries of agriculture, mining and tourism, attracting investment in retail and other services in town
- This small-town setting allows for meaningful relationships with patients partnered with challenging, rewarding work and a genuine sense of professional satisfaction
- Minimum General or Specialist Registration with AHPRA with broad clinical experience in primary health care medicine
- Fellowship Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (FRACGP) or Fellowship Australian College of Rural and. Remote Medicine (FACRRM) is desirable
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We work tirelessly to listen, care, empower and help you dream big to design a healthcare career you love to live.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today. For confidential enquiries contact Emma Gordon on +61 2 9137 4301 or apply now.