Join a service that facilitates your development and growth while supporting a good work life balance.
- Package up to $146,456 p.a.
- Multiple positions available, for 12 months
- Consistent supervision and mentorship from enthusiastic Staff Specialists
This Mental Health Alcohol and Other Drugs Service provides specialist mental health, substance and alcohol related care to a catchment population in excess of 250,000. The service has a diverse geographic footprint, ranging from regional cities to remote townships in the west and beachside communities along the coast.
The Inpatient Unit, Older persons Inpatient Unit and Acute Care Team are located at the principal service facility within this health services. The Mental Health Team consists of 16.5 FTE Consultant positions and 21 FTE Junior Medical Officers. The Consultants have subspecialty interests including Psychiatry of Old Age, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Forensics, Developmental Disability, Intellectual Handicap, ABI and Addiction psychiatry. The service is accredited by the RANZCP for training through to achievement of the Fellowship of the RANZCP including accreditation for advanced training in Adult, Old Age and Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
- As Registrar or Principal House Officer - Psychiatry, you will provide high-quality mental health and medical assessment and treatment planning to consumers of the Mental Health Alcohol and Other Drugs Service
- You will take part in scheduled clinics or inpatient activities across the service clinical teams, and attend and contribute at all case reviews, ward rounds and intake meetings
- You will participate in the afterhours on call roster with other Registrars / Principal House Officers
- You will participate and assist in quality improvement and service development activities
- Clinical Audits, research and teaching activities are encouraged and supported
- For a Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrist (RANZCP) Registrar in training, this position will perform within the requirements of the training program
- Competitive remuneration package up to $146,456 p.a.
- Generous superannuation and annual leave loading
- Professional development allowance and leave
- Variety and work/life balance
- Relocation support
- Affordable housing and rental market and lower cost of living
- Live in the gateway to the Southern Great Barrier Reef and enjoy excellent shopping, sporting, cultural, education and tourism facilities
- MBBS or equivalent
- Current registration with the Medical Board of Australia (AHPRA) or eligibility for competent authority pathway
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won't stop until this is achieved.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today.