Excellent training opportunity in a metropolitan location.
- Commence 1 February 2021 to 6 February 2022
Salary $93,512 - $131,935 per annum
- 3 hours to Sydney and close proximity to ski fields and coast
Canberra Health Services provides acute, sub-acute, primary and community‐based health services, to the Australian Capital Territory; which has a catchment of approximately 400, 000 people. The Canberra Hospital is a 600-bed tertiary hospital that provides trauma services and most major medical and surgical subspecialty services.
Mental Health, Justice Health and Alcohol & Drug Services (MHJHADS) delivers services at a number of locations, including hospital inpatient and outpatient settings, community health centres, detention centres, other community settings including people’s homes.
- If you are appointed to an accredited psychiatry training position you will work in a series of RANZCP accredited psychiatry training posts under supervision of an accredited RANZCP supervisor including inpatient, hospital, addiction, community and forensic settings and with a wide range of clients including children and adolescents, adults and older people.
- You will provide competent and efficient clinical management of clients of MHJHADS. This includes assessment and management of people presenting to the emergency department, acute admissions, in-patient care, managing medication and other therapy, outpatient clinics, interdisciplinary consults to the general hospital, working with clients and their families, therapy where appropriate and clinical handover including clinical documentation and discharge letters.
- You will work collaboratively with other areas within the service including ED and hospital wards and other agencies.
- You will participate in the supervision, training, and professional development of junior medical staff and medical students including teaching duties as required.
- You will participate in the after-hours, ECT, and on-call rosters.
- All RANZCP Fellowship requirements are able to be met in the ACT Training program and you will be able to access an accredited Formal Education program.
The Australian National University (ANU) located in Canberra, is a world-leading centre for education and research and is ranked #1 in Australia and #22 in the world.
- The nation's capital offers world-class dining and cultural experiences. Serene lake shore views and outdoor activities.
3 universities plus outstanding primary and secondary schooling.
2 hour drive to the south coast of New South Wales.
Current General registration or eligible for Provisional registration with AHPRA.
Currently enrolled in RANZCP training or be eligible to join by the time of commencing the post.
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance. We are acutely aware of the rising statistics identifying job dissatisfaction, stress, burnout and mental illness in the healthcare sector, and this concerns us.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won’t stop until this is achieved.
We work tirelessly to listen, care, empower and help you dream big to design a healthcare career you love to live. We believe that collaboration, getting things done with integrity and working towards a common goal is the best way to partner with you and make an impact.
By joining the Elective community you will receive career coaching, access to our deep knowledge of the Australian healthcare industry, our network of healthcare related educators and partners, our migration and regulatory advisor, and our relationships with public and private healthcare clients that have been established since 2008.
To join our exclusive Elective community register today.