Be a part of a growing regional health service that offers high-quality training and educational opportunities.
- Join a world-class regional hospital
- 2 positions available
- Australia's largest inland city awaits you, offering a great lifestyle
You will be working at a 700-bed hospital, which is one of the most sustainable and technically advanced regional hospitals in Australia. A wide range of general medical, surgical and speciality services are provided, including oncology, cardiology, renal, emergency, women's and children's, critical care, specialist clinics and mental health services.
The Mental Health service provides psychiatric care and treatment across a large catchment area in Victoria, that is underpinned by recovery orientated principles. A range of clinical services are provided to patients of all ages. The Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service provides services to patients from birth to 17 years, the Youth Team covers ages 18 to 24 years, Adult Services cover patients from 25 to 64 years and the Older Persons Service manages individuals over 65 years.
- You will work as Psychiatry Registrar or HMO, providing assessment and treatment to patients of this Mental Health Service
- Position 1 - 17/05/2021 until 10/10/2021
- Position 2 - 03/05/2021 until 06/02/2022
- You will receive excellent clinical exposure from a diverse patient base that is friendly and welcoming to trainee doctors
- You will liaise with multidisciplinary team members within the Mental Health service regarding management of patients
- You will participate in ward rounds, journal club and case conferences
- Psychiatry Registrar/HMO's will participate in educational and Quality Improvement activities in MH Services
- Within 90 minutes from Melbourne; easily accessible via road or rail and links to major airports
- Remuneration in line with the Victorian Public Health Sector (AMA Victoria) - Doctors in Training Enterprise Agreement 2018-2021
- Professional development opportunities exist for Psychiatry Registrar/HMO's
- Salary packaging
- Free parking
- 5 or 10 minute commute to work
- This is a regional city that offers the advantages of city life combined with the beauty and freedom that comes from living in a regional area
- Affordable housing both in rental and buyers markets
- MBBS or equivalent
- Current General or Provisional registration with the Medical Board of Australia (AHPRA)
- A current Victorian driver's licence is required for this position
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won't stop until this is achieved.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today. For confidential enquiries contact Rebecca Plaza on +61 2 9137 4302 or apply now.