This is an excellent opportunity for a Psychiatry Registrar looking to gain experience within a hospital that offers a supportive working environment.
- Leading hospital in metropolitan location
- Salary packaging & benefits
- Flexible work options
This first class, contemporary 367-bed hospital provides care to 307 public patients and 60 private patients. Services include emergency medicine, critical care, day chemotherapy, paediatric care, aged and stroke care, maternity and general surgery.
You will be working for a leading health care provider, operating private and public hospitals throughout Australia.
The organisation has a well deserved reputation as a caring, nurturing and supportive employer. Learning is highly valued and you will find opportunities for professional development.
The Mental Health Service
The 56-bed purpose-built unit consists of a 25-bed adult ward, a 16-bed older adult ward; and a 15-bed secure facility. Children and teenagers receive care in the Emergency Department and are transferred for ongoing care.
The unit provides holistic multidisciplinary care to patients based on an individualised care model, and maintains strong links with other health and community services to ensure patients receive ongoing support and care following their stay in hospital.
- You will manage patient care under the direction of consultants.
- You will provide clinical supervision and teaching to junior staff in the hospital.
- Contribute to all aspects of clinical care of patients who are admitted to the mental health ward.
- Coordinate multidisciplinary management of patients, including consultation requests for Allied Health or other medical specialties and nurse case managers in the hospital.
- You will expand your skills, knowledge, and confidence as a psychiatry registrar.
- Flexible Work Options
- Professional Development
- Salary Packaging and various employee benefits
- Enjoy a Mediterranean climate and a relaxed lifestyle in a very beautiful, clean, spacious feeling city.
- You will find an abundance of things to do and fantastic places to visit. Whether you are searching for the best food and restaurants this region has to offer or you are looking for new and exciting activities to do over the weekend, Perth caters to all.
- Relax on a pristine beach or venture into the city for some shopping. This cosmopolitan and family friendly city has everything you could hope for.
- Eligible for Provisional or General registration as a medical practitioner with the Medical Board of Australia (AHPRA).
- A minimum of 3 years recent clinical experience as a RMO with psychiatry experience.
- Proven highly developed interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrates verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate clinical and procedural experience commensurate with clinical responsibilities of a Registrar.
- Demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Promote a positive safety culture.
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance. We are acutely aware of the rising statistics identifying job dissatisfaction, stress, burnout and mental illness in the healthcare sector, and this concerns us.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won’t stop until this is achieved.
We work tirelessly to listen, care, empower and help you dream big to design a healthcare career you love to live. We believe that collaboration, getting things done with integrity and working towards a common goal is the best way to partner with you and make an impact.
By joining the Elective community you will receive career coaching, access to our deep knowledge of the Australian healthcare industry, our network of healthcare related educators and partners, our migration and regulatory advisor, and our relationships with public and private healthcare clients that have been established since 2008.
To join our exclusive Elective community register today.