Take the next step in your career development working as a Psychiatry Registrar in Tasmania.
- Exciting and challenging case mix
- Remuneration up to $203,653 per annum
- Enjoy the benefits of a vibrant city
You will be working in a 300-bed public teaching hospital that treats over 24,000 inpatients and over 225,000 outpatients every year. There is a strong emphasis on medical education and the hospital enjoys close links with the University of Tasmania as well as the School of Nursing.
Mental Health Services incorporate Inpatient Mental Health, Adult Community Mental Health, Child and Adolescent Mental Health, Older Persons Mental Health and Crisis and Assessment Treatment Team Mental Health Services.
The dedicated acute mental health service provides both inpatient and outpatient services. The service operates a 20 bed inpatient facility, community mental health services with clinic-based and community settings. In addition, there is a crisis assessment team plus older persons and child and adolescent mental health services.
- As a Psychiatry Registrar, you will be responsible for safe medical and psychiatric care of patients under the supervision of a consultant psychiatrist.
- You will be professionally accountable to the Director of Training and the Registrar Training Committee for training requirements.
- Remuneration up to $203,653 per annum as per the Award
- Tasmania's sense of community, unhurried pace of life and spectacular scenery will enhance your wellbeing. It is the perfect place to restore balance and revitalise your inner being.
- For adventure enthusiasts, there are magnificent nature walks and outdoor activities in national parks and reserves - all within easy reach of the city centre.
- Launceston has a vibrant food scene (dine at Homage Restaurant at Woolmers Estate in World Heritage-listed surrounds), the Tamar Valley Wine Trail has more than 30 cellar doors to sample, art galleries, museums and design studios showcase exquisitely designed arts and crafts and explore stunning beaches located in quiet coastal towns.
- Launceston has affordable real estate and offers an exceptional standard of living for families with numerous private and public schools.
- Melbourne is a one hour flight from Launceston.
- General or limited registration with the Medical Board of Australia
- Enrolled and completing training with RANZCP
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won’t stop until this is achieved.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today. For confidential enquiries contact Rebecca Plaza on +61 2 9137 4302 or apply now.