High-quality surgical service in which to further your skills.
- Package up to $11,594 p.m.
- Strong emphasis on medical education
- Enjoy everything this region has to offer
This health service serves a growing population of approximately 250,000 people and treats more than 700,000 patients each year.
This position will be based at the 305-bed main referral hospital. Specialist Medical Services offered at the hospital include Emergency Medicine, General Medicine, Cardiology, Renal Medicine, Palliative Care, Psychiatry, Rehabilitation, Geriatric Medicine, Paediatrics, General Surgery, Orthopaedics, Urology, ENT, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Intensive Care and Anaesthetics.
The hospital has four operating theatres and two procedure rooms. The operating theatre complex is supported by a 6 bed ICU/HDU. The Department is accredited for specialist training in general surgery and is heavily involved in teaching and research.
- As a Principal House Officer - Surgery, you will support the provision of a high-quality surgical service under the direction and guidance of the Director, Staff Specialists and other Senior Medical Staff.
- You will participate in the provision of a shift roster to provide services out of hours, at night and on weekends
- Participate in clinical meetings, continual professional improvement and medical education
- Provide leadership and teaching to the resident medical staff and participate in undergraduate teaching of medical students
- Competitive remuneration package up to $11,594 p.m.
- Salary packaging
- Generous superannuation and annual leave loading
- Professional development allowance and leave
- Flexible rostering arrangements, variety and work/life balance
- Affordable housing and rental market and lower cost of living
- Live in the gateway to the Southern Great Barrier Reef and enjoy excellent shopping, sporting, cultural, education and tourism facilities
- Currently registered or eligible for Provisional or General registration as a medical practitioner with the Medical Board of Australia (AHPRA)
- MBBS or equivalent
- A minimum of two years practice within the Australian healthcare system is preferred
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won't stop until this is achieved.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today.