Expand your clinical experience and developing skills in General Surgery.
- Package up to $11,594 p.m.
- Supportive and engaged multidisciplinary team
- This dynamic regional city has easy access to the southern reaches of the Great Barrier Reef
This health service serves an expanding population of approximately 250,000 people and treats more than 700,000 patients each year.
This position will be based at a growing regional hospital with a total capacity of 100 beds and treatment spaces, that currently offers a range of general and specialist inpatient and outpatient services.Surgery performed at this hospital is consistent with the Level 3 Clinical Services Capability Framework for Surgical Services.
The aim of this hospital is to develop a centre of excellence in general surgical procedures, endoscopy, skin cancers including melanoma, hernia repairs and abdominal surgery. Currently approximately 3165 surgical cases p.a are performed in the two operating theatres with around 1100 endoscopies performed yearly. At present there is a 31-bed mixed General Surgical and Medical Ward and a four bed High Dependency Unit. The hospital has a busy surgical outpatient clinic reviewing a wide variety of surgical conditions.
- As a Principal House Officer - Surgery, you will support the provision of a high-quality surgical service under the direction and guidance of the Director, Staff Specialists and other Senior Medical Staff.
- You will participate in the provision of a shift roster to provide services out of hours, at night and on weekends
- Participate in clinical meetings, continual professional improvement and medical education
- Provide leadership and teaching to the resident medical staff and participate in undergraduate teaching of medical students
- Competitive remuneration package up to $11,594 p.m.
- Salary packaging
- Generous superannuation and annual leave loading
- Professional development allowance and leave
- Flexible rostering arrangements, variety and work/life balance
- Affordable housing and rental market and lower cost of living
- This is an excellent area for families with wonderful sporting facilities and well-regarded private and state schools
- The region contains some incredible natural wonders, including Heron Island, Lady Musgrave Island, Masthead Island, North West Island and Wilson Island
- Currently registered or eligible for Provisional or General registration as a medical practitioner with the Medical Board of Australia (AHPRA)
- MBBS or equivalent
- A minimum of two years practice within the Australian healthcare system is preferred
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won't stop until this is achieved.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today.