Excellent department in which to expand your skills and knowledge, and a relaxed coastal lifestyle to enjoy in your time off.
- Remuneration package up to $150,216 p.a
- Enviable coastal lifestyle
- Multiple positions available
This Health Service provides health services to a fast growing regional area and serves a population of approximately 214,000 residents. Since its establishment on the current site in 1914, the Hospital has grown into the major medical centre, providing high quality care within an environment of continuous improvement. Services currently available at the Hospital include intensive care, coronary care, obstetrics, gynaecology, paediatrics, orthopaedic surgery, general surgery, vascular surgery, 24-hour emergency medicine, pharmacy, medical imaging, pathology and comprehensive mental health services. Allied Health services include physiotherapy, occupational therapy, dietetics, speech therapy, psychology and social work.
- Expand your skills, knowledge, and confidence as an O&G Registrar
- You will provide day to day medical services in the Obstetrics and Gynaecology (O&G) department. This is to include, but is not limited to, the following: daily ward rounds of all inpatients, attend clinics as required, attend promptly to emergency cases in Department of Emergency Medicine, upon referral, care of women in labour, such as interpreting CTG's, assessing progress of a labour, management of obstetric emergencies such as post-partum haemorrhage, eclampsia, cord prolapse, shoulder dystocia etc and participation in discharge planning process
- You will participate in after hour's shifts as rostered, this will include night shifts
- Provide formal and informal teaching to interns/JHOs/SHOs in the clinical unit
- Provide teaching to medical students as required
- Competitive remuneration package
- Flexible work arrangements
- Lower cost of living and affordable housing and rental market
- Just 4 hours' drive north of Brisbane
- Enjoy endless stretches of family-friendly beaches and nearby national parks where you can camp, fish, swim and surf the day away
- This city is the gateway to the Southern Great Barrier Reef and has an enviable year-round climate
- The city boasts excellent shopping, sporting, cultural, education and tourism facilities
- This sub-tropical region is where the coastline meets the country creating a unique and ideal family environment
- A wide range of education and training facilities, services and programs can accommodate the needs of every level of student, from child care to university
- Enjoy a short, traffic-free commute to work and free parking on and nearby hospital grounds
- Current General or Limited registration with AHPRA or eligible for Provisional registration
- Current/recent experience in Obstetrics and Gynaecology (within the last 2 years) is required
- Current driver's license
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won't stop until this is achieved.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today.