Provide GP services and hospital ED support to this thriving rural community.
- Various Dates - January 2021 to July 2021
- GP-clinic Monday-Friday and on-call every day for rural hospital ED
- Excellent nursing support
This rural hospital has 10 acute beds, 22 aged care beds, 2 emergency beds and 1 treatment room bed. The facility provides 24-hour emergency care to the community. The hospital also offers a general outpatients clinic.
Visiting health services include alcohol tobacco and other drugs, a flying obstetrician and surgeon, Royal Flying Doctor Service doctor and nurse clinics. Allied health services include physiotherapy, home nursing and support, speech pathology, community mental health, health promotion/education and screening.
- As the solo doctor, you will be responsible for the hospital, General Practice Clinic and on call, for the duration of the locum contract
- 5 x blocks available: 18 January to 1 February 2021, 29 March to 12 April 2021, 24 May to 7 June 2021, 7 June to 21 June 2021,21 June to 5 July 2021
- The GP clinic is open Monday to Friday, 0900/0930 - 1700
- The daily multidisciplinary handover at the hospital occurs at 0800, followed by a daily ward round for the acute patients
- There is a weekly review of aged care residents as needed
- The average occupied bed day for the acute hospital is 2.3 and aged care is close to 100% occupancy.
- You will be supported by experienced nursing staff that can treat some presentations after-hours
- Excellent daily rate
- Accommodation and meals provided
- Access to pool vehicle
- Fellowship Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (FRACGP) or Fellowship Australian College of Rural and. Remote Medicine (FACRRM)
- Minimum General or Specialist Registration with AHPRA
- Be an Australian or New Zealand Citizen, an Australian Permanent Resident or on a 457 Temporary Work Visa
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We work tirelessly to listen, care, empower and help you dream big to design a healthcare career you love to live.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today.