Provide support to Aboriginal communities in the surrounding areas of Katherine as a Locum General Practitioner.
- Aboriginal Medical Service
- Locum dates: Ongoing
- Rates starting from $1,300 per day
You will be working for an Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Service that covers an area of 75,000 sq. km with 3500 people spread over 9 communities. The office is based in Katherine, NT, but health services are provided in remote and very remote communities in the Katherine East region. The communities are accessible by road, or by air using charter flights.
- Locum General Practitioner
- Dates: Ongoing
- Duration: Minimum of 6 week blocks
- Hours: 0800 to 1630 Monday to Friday
- Support Staff: 4 GPs cover the 9 communities and the remote clinics are staffed by experienced remote area nurses (RANs) and Aboriginal Health Practitioners (AHPs).
Rewards & Location
- Rate: Starting from $1,300 per day
- Provisions: Travel, accommodation at all sites, and use of car in Katherine
- Population: 6,303
- Things to do: Katherine is perfectly situated for you to explore Kakadu National Park or to enjoy day trips down the Nitmiluk Gorge.
- How to get there: There are a handful of flights per week to Katherine from Darwin and Alice Springs, alternatively it is a 3hr car trip from Darwin International Airport.
- Current registration with AHPRA
- FRACGP and/or FACRRM
- Experience with Indigenous health and chronic health required
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won't stop until this is achieved.
If this General Practitioner locum is of interest (or you have alternate preferences), contact Rebecca Plaza on +61 2 9137 4302 or apply now. To join our exclusive Elective community, register today.