Ongoing locum dates - contact Elective Recruitment with your availability today!
- Challenging and rewarding work
- Well-supported role
- Opportunity to contribute to closing the gap in Aboriginal healthcare
You will be working for an Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Service that covers an area of 75,000 sq. km with 3500 people spread over 9 communities. The office is based in Katherine, NT, but health services are provided in remote and very remote communities in the Katherine East region. The communities are accessible by road, or by air using charter flights.
4 GPs cover the 9 communities and the remote clinics are staffed by experienced remote area nurses (RANs) and Aboriginal Health Practitioners (AHPs). They live in the communities and provide 24 hour coverage of the clinics with input from the on-call District Medical Officer after hours.
- ASAP to ongoing, Monday to Friday
Ideally the Health Service would prefer 6 weeks minimum, but options available
- As Locum GP your role is to support the RANs and AHPs with the acute care when needed, but mostly to focus on conducting preventative health checks, chronic disease management and care planning
- You travel to your allocated health centres from Monday to Thursday and return to Katherine from Thursday to Monday.
- Hours are 0800 to 1630 Monday to Friday and there are no calls or after hours work
- Rate from $1300 per day
- Accommodation provided at all locations
- Car provided in Katherine
- Exposure to diverse clinical practice
- Make a direct impact on improved health outcomes in the community
- Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of General Practitioners, or Fellowship of the Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine is essential (FRACGP or FACRRM)
- Vocationally registered General Practitioner with current Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) registration
- Prior experience as a General Practitioner delivering primary health care services will be highly regarded
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
By joining the Elective community you will receive career coaching, access to our deep knowledge of the Australian healthcare industry, our network of healthcare related educators and partners, our migration and regulatory advisor, and our relationships with public and private healthcare clients that have been established since 2008.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today. For confidential enquiries contact Emma Gordon on +61 2 9137 4301 or apply now.