Locum in remote Aboriginal communities and make an impact on the health and well-being outcomes of these communities.
- Aboriginal Medical Service
- Locum dates: Ongoing
- Rates: up to $1,500 per day
You will be working for an Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Service located in the East Pilbara region of Western Australia. The service provides comprehensive and culturally appropriate primary health care services to four remote Aboriginal communities.
- Locum General Practitioner
- Dates: Ongoing
- Hours: Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5.00pm.
- On-call / After Hours: None. No Hospital, Home or Nursing home visits required.
- Support Staff: Passionate and multidisciplinary team of qualified and experienced health professionals including 4x GP’s, Remote Area Nurses and Aboriginal Health Practitioners
Rewards & Location
- Rate: Rates: up to $1,500 per day
- Provisions: Travel, accommodation and vehicle provided
- Things to do: Explore the Karijini National Park, the Weano Gorge, the Ophthalmia Ranges and nearby Aboriginal rock art. There are also a host of restaurants, bars, pubs and a golf course.
- How to get there: A short 1 hour and 45 minute flight from Perth or a 13 hour road trip
- General Practitioner with current Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency registration
- Current emergency medicine certificate (REST, REACT or equivalent)
- Ability to travel in remote areas by light aircraft and/or a Four Wheel Drive vehicle (as required)
- Knowledge, understanding and sensitivity towards the social, economic and cultural factors affecting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples health.
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won’t stop until this is achieved.
If this General Practitioner locum is of interest (or you have alternate preferences), contact Rebecca Plaza on +61 2 9137 4302 or apply now. To join our exclusive Elective community, register today.