Develop your knowledge and skills as a locum General Practitioner and explore the colorful buildings, pubs and crocodile habitats in Normanton, Queensland.
- Provide high quality support in an Aboriginal Health Service
- Locum dates: Ongoing in 2022
- Excellent remuneration of $1,500 per day
This Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Service provides a comprehensive and growing range of primary health care services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people residing in the Mount Isa, North West and Lower Gulf of Carpentaria regions.
Services offered are designed to align with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander concepts of social and emotional wellbeing and focus on - Personal Wellbeing, Social and Family Wellbeing, Healthy Lifestyle Choices and Balance, Connecting to Community, Connecting to Country, and Education and Employment.
A range of family-focused Mental Health and Wellbeing services are provided, including the Normanton Recovery and Community Wellbeing Service.
- Locum General Practitioner - Aboriginal Medical Service
- Dates: June to December 2022 - minimum 4 weeks blocks considered
- Hours: 0830 - 1700 weekdays, with exception to Wednesdays 08300 - 1200 and afternoons for training
- On-call / After Hours: None
- Support Staff: There is a dedicated team of x3 GPs, Nurses, Indigenous Health Professionals, Allied Health Professionals, Administration and Transport staff. More than 90% of the team live locally and 75% identify as Indigenous.
- Duties: provide high level clinical care, supervision and support for GP Registrars and Medical students (if certified/qualified) and assist with leadership based on the organisation's model of care.
Rewards & Location
- Rate: $1,500 per day.
- Provisions: Travel, accommodation and use of car provided.
- Location: Normanton is 680 kilometres west of Cairns, and 500 kilometres north of Mount Isa.
- How to get there: Flights from Brisbane via Cairns.
- Current registration with AHPRA.
- Eligible to obtain provider number(s) in the required location.
- Current REST, REACT certificate or equivalent.
- Current C Class Drivers Licence (QLD) – essential.
- Police Check – no serious Criminal/Court record.
- Blue Card (Working With Children and Young People) - or willingness to apply for a Blue Card.
- Willingness to travel, work and stay overnight for up to several days at a time in remote areas.
- Willingness to travel by road and small planes.
- Knowledge, understanding and sensitivity towards the social, economic and cultural factors affecting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples health.
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won’t stop until this is achieved.
If this General Practitioner - Aboriginal Medical Service locum is of interest (or you have alternate preferences), contact Rebecca Plaza on +61 480 002 471 or apply now. To join our exclusive Elective community, register today.