Enjoy the beautiful savannah and vibrant culture of Doomadgee in Queensland and thrive professionally as a locum General Practitioner.
- Provide high quality support in an Aboriginal Health Service
- Be one with nature and have access to the coast, fresh water rivers and national parks
- Rates: $1,500 per day
This Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Service provides a comprehensive and growing range of primary health care services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people residing in the Mount Isa, North West and Lower Gulf of Carpentaria regions.
Services offered are designed to align with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander concepts of social and emotional wellbeing and focus on - Personal Wellbeing, Social and Family Wellbeing, Healthy Lifestyle Choices and Balance, Connecting to Community, Connecting to Country, and Education and Employment.
- Locum General Practitioner - Aboriginal Medical Service (solo GP)
- Dates: June to December 2022 - minimum 2 week blocks considered
- Hours: 0830 - 1700 weekdays, with exception of Wednesdays 08300 - 1200 and afternoon training sessions.
- On-call / After Hours: None
- Support Staff: Solo GP, dedicated team of Nurses, Indigenous Health Professionals, Allied Health Professionals, Administration and Transport staff.
Rewards & Location
- Rate: $1,500 per day.
- Provisions: Travel, accommodation and use of car provided.
- How to get there: Flights from Mount Isa to Domadgee.
- Current registration with AHPRA.
- Eligible to obtain provider number(s) in the required location.
- Current REST, REACT certificate or equivalent.
- Current C Class Drivers Licence (QLD) – essential.
- Police Check – no serious Criminal/Court record.
- Blue Card (Working With Children and Young People) - or willingness to apply for a Blue Card.
- Willingness to travel, work and stay overnight for up to several days at a time in remote areas.
- Willingness to travel by road and small planes.
- Knowledge, understanding and sensitivity towards the social, economic and cultural factors affecting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples health.
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won’t stop until this is achieved.
If this General Practitioner - Aboriginal Medical Service locum is of interest (or you have alternate preferences), contact Rebecca Plaza on +61 480 002 471 or apply now. To join our exclusive Elective community, register today.