Gain valuable experience working with a leading team of FACEMs at the forefront of Emergency Medicine Telehealth evolution.
- Locum dates: Immediate - Ongoing
- Excellent Rates: $2500+ per shift negotiable on experience
- Interesting and challenging caseload
You will be representing the leading provider of Emergency Medicine Telehealth services in Australia, onsite at a subregional, acute referral hospital. The hospital provides a wide range of specialist services, providing support to the clinical team and facilitating the introduction to this FACEM led platform.
Working alongside a team of highly regarded and experienced FACEM's you will facilitate the implementation of this innovative technology to deliver exceptional emergency services to a regional community. You will consult with the FACEMs on each shift and guide the onsite hospital team accordingly.
The Emergency Department has 10 treatment spaces, including a resuscitation room and a fast-track area, and treats approximately 15,000 patients annually. The medical team is supported by a highly skilled emergency nursing team, including 2 nurse practitioners. There is an interesting and challenging caseload including trauma and paediatrics. The hospital is a training site for the ACEM certificate and diploma.
- Locum Emergency Medicine Registrar
- Role: You will be the senior doctor on night shift, working for the telehealth service facilitating three board rounds during the overnight period to discuss patients with a FACEM, alongside standard clinical duties. This is the opportunity to partner with FACEM's to turnaround a hospital's nightshift and increase patient safety.
- Duties: Standard duties include: assess and treat patients, perform procedures, escalate to senior staff & co-ordinate with the nurse in charge
- Dates: Immediate - Ongoing
- Hours: Night shift - 21:30 pm - 8:30 am, 7 days on 7 days off.
- Support Staff: Three junior doctors, nurses, ward clerk, medical registrar available on ward, consultants on call and FACEM telehealth support
- Patient Load: Night shift has an average of 10 - 12 presentations per night, with a predominantly geriatric cohort
Rewards & Location
- Rate: Hourly rate depending on experience from $250+ per hour
- Bonus: Additional bonus payments on offer.
- Provisions: Accommodation will be provided
- Population: 20,000
- Things to do: Close to the beautiful Grampians region offering world famous rock-climbing areas, as well as being a food and wine hub
- How to get there: Located just over 3 hours drive from Melbourne
- MBBS or equivalent
- Current General registration as a medical practitioner with the Australian Health Practitioner's Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Minimum PGY4+, and previous experience working as senior doctor on night shift is essential
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won't stop until this is achieved.
If this Emergency Medicine locum is of interest (or you have alternate preferences), contact Emma Gordon on +61 2 9137 4301 or apply now. To join our exclusive Elective community, register today.