Multiple rotations available across ED, Surgery, O&G, Paediatrics and Medicine with locum cover urgently needed.
- Base salary from $81,884.00 to $110,737
- 9 FTE available - commence ASAP to February 2022
- 50kms from Sydney CBD
You will be working for an LHD that is responsible for providing primary and secondary health care at a major tertiary referral hospital providing high-level inpatient and outpatient services for people of all ages. Inpatient services have the capacity to manage high complexity patients who require specialist care. Services provided include emergency, critical care, acute medicine, planned and emergency surgery, maternity, neonatal, paediatric medicine and minor surgery, mental health, aged care and rehabilitation services, drug and alcohol, and a broad range of specialist outpatient clinics and services.
- As Junior Medical Officer, you will provide effective medical services to patients under supervision, while developing expertise in medical practice, in a complex clinical environment in inpatient and outpatient areas
- All rotations available including ED, Surgery, O&G, Paediatrics and Medicine
- Junior Medical Officers take a leadership role in coordinating the admission, management and discharge planning of patients and ensure that the admission and plans are documented in the medical record
- Junior Medical Officers are responsible for the day-to-day assessment and management of the patients and communicate with them and their family
- You will participate in unit/departmental and divisional quality activities and in research, peer review and audit projects as relevant
- You will participate in teaching of appropriate multidisciplinary team members (e.g. Allied Health Staff) and Nursing staff
- Junior doctors will have on-site supervision from a more senior medical practitioner
- You will participate in continuing medical education
- Working on an 80 hour fortnight roster, you will also be required to work one evening shift per fortnight, and one weekend per month
- Indicative base salary $81,884.00 to $110,737
- Overtime and penalty rates applicable
- Access to salary packaging
- Generous leave entitlements
- Supportive teaching environment
- Approx 1 hours drive from Sydney CBD, this region includes urbanised development and townships as well as isolated settlements and extensive areas of rugged bush land
- On offer is a lifestyle with a wealth of adventure, cultural activities, shopping, entertainment, sporting and leisure facilities
- General registration with AHPRA
- Demonstrated competency is expected in the following as a minimum: Venipuncture, Venous/Arterial cannulation, CPR, Urinary Catheterisation, ECG, Reading of X-rays and Interpretation of basic blood results
- Ability to work independently within a supervised complex clinical environment utilising excellent clinical skills, judgment and expertise
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
By joining the Elective community you will receive career coaching, access to our deep knowledge of the Australian healthcare industry, our network of healthcare related educators and partners, our migration and regulatory advisor, and our relationships with public and private healthcare clients that have been established since 2008.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today. For confidential enquiries contact Emma Gordon on +61 2 9137 4301 or apply now.