Join the team at a state-of-the-art hospital in a location that offers all the benefits of coast and country living, and the convenience of a growing regional city.
- 40 hrs p.f package up to $222,340 p.a.
- Only 1.20 hours flight from Brisbane
- Fully digital Hospital
This 236 bed state-of-the-art hospital is located in a sunny coastal location. It is equipped with leading edge technology to provide the highest level of care to the communities it serves.
The Health Service is a contemporary organisation with over 2000 employees, providing extensive health services in a range of regional, community and rural settings, to a population of around 180,000 people.
The Intensive Care Unit is a funded 8 bed unit, including 4 High Dependency Unit beds, with a capacity of 16 beds, admitting 800-900 critically ill adult and 50-60 paediatric patients per year. Case mix includes General Medicine and Surgical Intensive Care, Trauma, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Interventional Cardiology provided by the Cardiology Team and Paediatrics (short term with transfer).
- This is a Permanent Part Time (40 hrs p.f.) opening
- As Senior Staff Specialist or Staff Specialist Obstetrician and Gynaecologist you will join a dynamic ICU team to provide excellent clinical care to patients whilst contributing to the development of specialist Intensivist services
- You will have exposure to a varied case mix in a regional ICU working with an extremely supportive and friendly team, including intensive care trainees
- You will undertake teaching and educational initiatives and responsibilities within the department
- You will facilitate and encourage innovation and change by adopting contemporary approaches to clinical service delivery, creating a high-level performance culture within the service
- You will participate in the after-hours on-call service
- Live in a stunning coastal region in tropical Queensland with 270 sunny days a year, from 30 degrees in summer to 21 degrees in winter
- Remuneration package up to $222,340 p.a. (40 hrs p.f.)
- Supportive hospital environment with a focus on education
- Employer superannuation contribution (up to 12.75%)
- Annual leave loading (17.5%)
- Professional development allowance & professional development leave 3.6 weeks p.a.
- Professional indemnity cover
- Overtime and on-call allowances
- Specialist registration with AHPRA or appropriate registration with the Medical Board of Australia to practise as a specialist
- Fellowship of the College of Intensive Care Medicine (FCICM)
- New Fellows of CICM are encouraged to apply
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
By joining the Elective community you will receive career coaching, access to our deep knowledge of the Australian healthcare industry, our network of healthcare related educators and partners, our migration and regulatory advisor, and our relationships with public and private healthcare clients that have been established since 2008.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today.