Excellent training opportunity for an ICU/Anaesthetics Registrar
- Work/life balance, variety and flexibility
- Remuneration up to $139,130
- Temporary Full-Time (for 12 months)
Gladstone Hospital is a 70-bed hospital and offers a range of general and specialist inpatient and outpatient services including emergency, general medicine and surgery, basic orthopaedic, clinical investigation, obstetrics, maternity, gynaecology, high dependency and coronary care, palliative care, medical imaging, pathology and paediatrics. Additional services include Mental Health, Alcohol and other Drugs Service, oral health, physiotherapy, dietetics, speech pathology and outreach/community-based facilities, as well as a Primary Health Care Centre located at Boyne Valley. A private Mater Misericordiae Hospital is adjacent to the Gladstone Hospital and operates within a co-location agreement.
Gladstone Hospital has approximately 282 full time equivalent staff delivering services across acute, community and primary care. Approximately 500 babies are born at the Gladstone Hospital each year and approximately 1,600 surgical cases performed in the two operating theatres. There is a 32-bed mixed General Surgical and Medical Ward and a four bed High Dependency Unit where Gladstone Hospital is in the process of expanding the current HDU to Level 1 ICU capacity to accommodate COVID - 19 challenges and cater for patients pending retrieval or for higher level care and or close observation not possible on the wards. Additional beds are available for paediatrics. The hospital has a busy surgical outpatient clinic reviewing a wide variety of surgical conditions.
You will expand your skills, knowledge, and confidence as an ICU/Anaesthetics Registrar.
- You will assist the Clinical Director, Staff Specialists and Senior Medical Staff to ensure that Critical Care and Anaesthesia services provided are of the highest standard and delivered in a safe, cost-effective and patient focused manner.
- Gladstone is approximately 550km north west of Brisbane and is the gateway to our Southern Great Barrier Reef.
- Work/life balance, variety and flexibility.
- Salary between $110,712 - $121,941 p.a.
- Up to 12.75% employer superannuation contribution.
- 17.5% annual leave loading.
- Professional Development Allowance.
- Professional Development leave 1-week p.a.
- Inaccessibility allowance of $6,900 p.a. paid at completion of each 12-month service without pro rata entitlement.
Current General or Limited registration or eligible for Provisional registration with AHPRA.
Ability to work under level 3 supervision.
Current ALS certification.
- License to operate a vehicle.
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won’t stop until this is achieved.
To join our exclusive Elective community register today.