Opportunity to gain great experience in rural health practice and rapidly expand your knowledge and skill level.
- Salary commencing at $88,337 p.a
- Supportive Medical team and fantastic work/life balance
- Only 3 hours from Melbourne
This hospital and health service provides multi-disciplinary health services to a growing population of over 46,000 in SE Victoria. With three campuses, this health service incorporates a long-established hospital with 51 acute beds, 20 sub-acute beds, an HDU, modern theatre suite, emergency department, 5-bed short stay unit, palliative care and maternity services, with a 90-bed Aged Care facility and full-range of allied health services, medical outpatient services, and home based services, including hospital in the home and community health. Day services provided at the hospital include a 9-bed day procedure unit, a newly-built 10-chair oncology/medical ambulatory day unit and a 9-chair dialysis unit. The third campus offers the community easy access to maternity care and a selection of medical imaging services.
The Medical Department provides services across a broad spectrum of care, including a newly built Medical/Surgical ward containing 34 beds, 2 bariatric beds and a 4 bed High Dependency Unit. The unit provides care for a large spectrum of medical conditions and post-operative care for gynaecology, urology, ophthalmology, orthopaedics, ENT and general surgery patients.
- As Hospital Medical Officer (HMO3+ / PGY3+), you will provide high quality assessment and care to inpatients of a broad range of low and high acuity medical patients in conjunction with the multidisciplinary health team with the direction and support of the staff Physicians
- You will provide patient assessment and be responsible for patient management
- Internal Medicine HMO's perform procedural skills including pre-procedure care, principles of informed consent, minor/ward procedures and assisting with major/theatre procedures, post-procedure care
- An attractive remuneration package - base salary commencing at $88,337 per annum for HMO Year 3
- Access to an extensive range of salary packaging options
- Generous professional development support
- Initial accommodation and relocation support
- The hospital will support suitable candidates to obtain an appropriate visa
- Fantastic lifestyle options are available combined with the opportunity to develop your medical career
- Enjoy easy access to the regions lakes and beaches, national parks and the snowfields
- Current or eligible for Provisional or General registration as a medical practitioner with the Medical Board of Australia (AHPRA) with minimum level 3 supervision
- Minimum 3 years of postgraduate experience in clinical medicine, including extensive experience in Internal Medicine or HDU setting
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won't stop until this is achieved.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today. For confidential enquiries contact Emma Gordon on +61 2 9137 4301 or apply now.