This is a great opportunity to gain exposure in a supported rural hospital environment.
- Salary commencing at $88,337 - $104,670 p.a
- Enhance your Medical career
- Only 3 hours from Melbourne
This hospital and health service provides multi-disciplinary health services to a growing population of over 46,000 in SE Victoria. With three campuses, this health service incorporates a long-established hospital with 51 acute beds, 20 sub-acute beds, an HDU, modern theatre suite, emergency department, 5-bed short stay unit, palliative care and maternity services, with a 90-bed Aged Care facility and full-range of allied health services, medical outpatient services, and home based services, including hospital in the home and community health. Day services provided at the hospital include a 9-bed day procedure unit, a newly-built 10-chair oncology/medical ambulatory day unit and a 9-chair dialysis unit. The third campus offers the community easy access to maternity care and a selection of medical imaging services.
The Emergency Department currently receives approximately 20,000 varied presentations per year. It provides trauma and emergency healthcare services to the region. The department has been expanded to include a Short Stay Unit and an Emergency Nurse Practitioner operating out of a fast track treatment area. Medical staffing is comprised of SMO's with support from 3 GP Registrars, 3 HMO's and 3 interns on rotation.
- As Hospital Medical Officer (PGY3+/PGY4+), you will deliver high-quality medical care in the Emergency department and also as part of a monthly 4 day General Practice rotation at a Rural Health Service
- You will work with a dedicated and experienced team of health professionals including Senior Medical Officers, GP's and experienced Emergency nurses.
- You will provide patient assessment and be responsible for patient management
- Emergency Medicine HMO's perform procedural skills including pre-procedure care, principles of informed consent, minor/ward procedures and assisting with major/theatre procedures, post-procedure care
- Base salary commencing at $88,337 - $104,670 dependent on experience
- Exposure to a range of interesting and broad presentations to Emergency Department and the SSU
- Access to an extensive range of salary packaging options
- Initial accommodation and relocation support
- Fantastic lifestyle options are available combined with the opportunity to develop your medical career
- Enjoy easy access to the region's lakes and beaches, national parks and the snowfields
- Current or eligible for Provisional or General registration as a medical practitioner with the Medical Board of Australia (AHPRA) with minimum level 3 supervision
- Minimum 4 years of postgraduate experience in clinical medicine, including extensive experience in Emergency Medicine and General Practice setting
- Competence in advanced life support techniques
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won't stop until this is achieved.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today. For confidential enquiries contact Emma Gordon on +61 2 9137 4301 or apply now.