Get the best hands-on experience in a hospital that encourages professional growth and development
- Position available for the 2021 clinical year
- Energetic junior medical staff team
- Access to protected teaching time
You will be working at a 172-bed Level 1 tertiary teaching hospital that services approximately 80,000 people. The hospital provides a range of acute services in emergency, maternity, intensive care, rehabilitation, community services, psychiatric in and out patient care, palliative care, renal dialysis and chemotherapy services. The hospital also provides medical imaging and pathology services.
The hospital has a number of affiliations with major Victorian universities to provide both undergraduate and postgraduate medical, nursing and allied health education, clinical placements and training.
- As a Hospital Medical Officer, you will gain great experience across a varied case mix
- You will be surrounded by supportive consultants and have easy access to protected teaching time all within a great team environment and awesome culture
- You will undertake tasks including assessment and management of patients, demonstrate effective communication skills, report changes in patient condition to your Registrar and Specialist and participate in discharge planning and co-ordination of requirements post-discharge
- Additional education sessions include: Grand rounds, unit meetings/journal club, clinical skills tutorial sessions and mandatory core competencies
- Remuneration inline with the AMA Victoria - Victorian Public Health Sector - Doctors in Training Agreement 2018-2021
- Professional development opportunities and CME allowances
- Salary packaging
- Free parking
- Relocation assistance
- Direct flights into a number of metropolitan cities
- With an abundance of quality restaurants, cafes, retail, and outdoor activities, including motor and water sports, this city is a great place to live and work
- Registered or eligible for General registration as a medical practitioner with the Australian Health Practitioner's Regulation Agency (AHPRA) or eligibility for the Competent Authority pathway
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won't stop until this is achieved.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today.