Provide expert clinical leadership and drive patient centred-care.
- Attractive salary package
- Flexible working arrangements
- Combine clinical, leadership and administrative duties
This sub-regional health service is located 200 kilometres from Melbourne, and is affiliated with Monash University's School of Rural Health.
Acute services include a full time emergency department, critical care unit, neonatal critical care unit, three operating theatres, day procedure unit and oncology and dialysis services in addition to general medical and services and sub-acute services including rehabilitation. The Health Service provides beds across three campuses.
The maternity unit is staffed by four consultant obstetrician & gynaecologists and a specialist team of midwives, obstetricians, and paediatricians who work together to delivers approximately 450 babies each year. The unit has a Special Care Nursery with high and low care cots and caters for babies as young as 34 weeks.
- As Head of Unit, you will provide leadership for and oversee the day to day function and performance of the obstetrics and gynaecology unit in conjunction with the Chief Medical Officer / Director Medical Services (CMO/DMS).
- Your responsibilities will include oversight and delegation of clinical operations, medical workforce management, education and training, clinical governance and budgetary management
- You will be a strong relationship builder with a demonstrated commitment to education and training of junior colleagues, and an effective role model for all other staff
- You will be actively engaged in continuing education activities in addition to Continuous Quality Improvement activities, including audit and morbidity and mortality review
- This is a permanent full-time position with an opportunity for flexible working arrangements
- Generous salary package and relocation support
- Live in a vibrant town with cultural heritage, restaurant scene, sporting facilities, leisure and recreational options
- Excellent preschool, primary and secondary education options are available
- Ideal access point for the magnificent Gippsland Lakes, 90 Mile Beach and the Victorian Alps
- Current AHPRA registration as a Specialist
- Fellowship with the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (FRANZCOG)
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won't stop until this is achieved.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today.