Join a major district health service and procedural hospital delivering rural anaesthetist services.
- Enjoy interesting and challenging work
- Flexible VMO opportunity
- Centrally located inland region with vibrant, welcoming community
This is one of the largest Local Health Districts in NSW, delivering innovative health services to about 277,000 residents. The LHD is diverse encompassing cities, inner regional, outer regional and remote communities.
The anaesthetic service spans across two hospitals 30km apart which provide surgical and obstetric services, birthing approx. 300 women on average per annum.
One facility has 27 beds and includes acute and sub-acute medical, surgical, rehabilitation and palliative care services, two birthing rooms and two maternity rooms, one operating theatre and collocated community and primary health services including outreach services to surrounding smaller towns. The facility has a modern emergency department with a large resuscitation bay and three beds.
The second facility has 28 inpatient beds which includes acute and sub-acute, medical, surgical, rehabilitation and palliative care services. Services include two birthing rooms, three maternity beds, two operating theatres, chemotherapy, medical imaging and collocated community and primary health services.
- As a GP Anaesthetist you will provide clinical duties, including undertaking routine admissions and management and participating in the after-hours roster as required, in addition to supporting acute and emergency clinical care as required
- You will provide Anaesthetic inpatient services as well as participate in the emergency Anaesthetic on-call roster
- GP Anaesthetist’s will undertake the appropriate assessment and management of patients requiring surgery during the perio-operative and post-operative periods
- Provide a General Practitioner Service to the local Community negotiating with the local private practice
- You will provide mentorship of registrars that work in the hospital and ad hoc teaching as required
- VMO rates for Rural Generalist Anaesthetist’s - $150-200 per hour, depending on experience
- Flexible work practices
- Access to leadership and mentoring programs for accelerated career progression
- Interesting and challenging work
- Live in a town surrounded by breathtaking natural landscapes, inspiring heritage and a dynamic retail sector
- Access to a range of excellent educational institutions
- Unconditional General and/or Specialist Registration with the Medical Board of Australia.
- Fellowship of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners and/or Fellowship of the Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine and/or Vocational Recognition as a General Practitioner
- Significant GP Anaesthetics skills and experience with successful completion of JCCA (or equivalent) and current CPD in line with JCCA requirements
- Minimum three (3) years post graduate clinical experience
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
By joining the Elective community you will receive career coaching, access to our deep knowledge of the Australian healthcare industry, our network of healthcare related educators and partners, our migration and regulatory advisor, and our relationships with public and private healthcare clients that have been established since 2008.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today. For confidential enquiries contact Emma Gordon on +61 2 9137 4301 or apply now.