Work with an expanding service to provide quality patient care in a hybrid model of GPs and Consultant Anaesthetists
- Multiple openings - full or part time positions available
- 2 hours from Melbourne
- Registration with JCCA essential
You will be working for the major public healthcare provider in a regional area of South East Victoria. The service has provided quality service and care for residents for over 100 years. It is an integrated Health Service providing Emergency services as well as Acute Medical and Surgical, Sub-acute and Residential inpatient beds along with an extensive array of Community and Primary care services.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a community where sun, sand, surf and a positive lifestyle await. This is a growing service that has received $115 million from the government to build a vibrant and significantly expanded Health Service. The service is committed to a hybrid model of consultants and GPs who support a busy Surgical Service delivering elective and emergency care as well as the rural generalist model of care.
- The General Practitioner - Anaesthetic Specialists are an essential and valued member of the Senior Medical Team
- GP's are responsible for delivering high quality assessment, treatment and management of patients throughout the peri-operative patient journey.
- You will be responsible for the continuous improvement of clinical services and maintenance of the values and high standards of care
- You will deliver perioperative services in accordance with the professional standards as determined by the ANZCA
- Attendance and contribution to the Pre-Anaesthetic Assessment Clinic (PAAC)
- GP's will provide on-call for emergency surgeries, provision of obstetric analgesia or anaesthesia or to support the management of critically unwell patients
- GP's provide play an integral role in the supervision, training and development of Junior Medical Officers
- Full or part time opportunities available from 8 hours to 38 hours per week
- Remuneration inline with the AMA Victoria -Victorian Public Health Sector -Medical Specialists Enterprise Agreement 2018-2021
- Professional development opportunities and CME allowances
- Salary packaging
- Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of General Practitioners, or Fellowship of the Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine is essential (FRACGP or FACRRM)
- Registration with JCCA (Joint Consultative Committee on Anaesthesia)
- Demonstrated relevant clinical background and experience
- Experience in teaching and mentoring of Junior Medical Staff
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won't stop until this is achieved.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today.