Join an innovative health service where you can hone your skills with challenging work.
- Flexible work options
- Opportunities for career growth
- Immerse yourself in a quintessential historic NSW town
This is one of the largest Local Health Districts in NSW, delivering innovative health services to about 277,000 residents. The LHD is diverse encompassing cities, inner regional, outer regional and remote communities.
Redeveloped in 2019, this multipurpose service is a 26-bed facility and includes acute and residential aged care beds. Upgrades to the acute care areas including patient care rooms and support areas, and a refurbishment to the GP clinic were a part of the project.
- As General Practitioner - Visiting Medical Officer (GP - VMO), you will provide clinical management and treatment to patients under their care and a contemporary comprehensive service for optimal patient outcomes to achieve safe clinical practice
- Participate on the general hospital roster in both emergency and acute beds to provide both emergency and inpatient services
- Participate in the after-hours roster as required
- Provide mentorship to registrars that work in the hospital, supervise other doctors, and medical students, and ad hoc teaching as required
- VMO rates - $150-200 per hour, depending on experience
- Flexible work practices
- Access to leadership and mentoring programs for accelerated career progression
- Training and collaboration opportunities
- Interesting and challenging work
- Located a 1.5 hour drive from Dubbo the town is surrounded by undulating hills and fertile river flats, with quick access to picturesque national parks and campgrounds
- Relaxed country lifestyle where bushwalking, mountain biking and camping are popular activities
- Unconditional General and/or Specialist Registration with the Medical Board of Australia
- Fellowship of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners and/or Fellowship of the Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine and/or Vocational Recognition as a General Practitioner
- Minimum three (3) years post graduate clinical experience
- Previous experience in Emergency Medicine, General Practice, Adult Internal Medicine, Paediatrics or Rural Medicine an advantage
- Competence in performing the range of minor urgent procedures commonly undertaken in a rural emergency department including advanced Life Support and Trauma management
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance. By joining the Elective community you will receive career coaching, access to our deep knowledge of the Australian healthcare industry, our network of healthcare related educators and partners, our migration and regulatory advisor, and our relationships with public and private healthcare clients that have been established since 2008.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today. For confidential enquiries contact Emma Gordon on +61 2 9137 4301 or apply now.