Make a real difference providing general practice services to this rural community.
- Country living with a meaningful career path
- Broaden your scope of practice with an interesting case mix
- Flexible work options
This is one of the largest Local Health Districts in NSW, delivering innovative health services to about 277,000 residents. The LHD is diverse encompassing cities, inner regional, outer regional and remote communities.
The site provides 24-hour emergency care through a two-bedded Emergency Department, four acute inpatient beds and six residential aged care beds. The site also provides sub-acute/non-acute inpatient services which includes respite and palliative care services, and a range of primary and community health services delivered at the HealthOne service.
- As General Practitioner - Visiting Medical Officer (GP - VMO), you will provide clinical management and treatment to patients under their care and a contemporary comprehensive service for optimal patient outcomes to achieve safe clinical practice
- GP VMO’s will participate in the after-hours roster as required
- General Practitioner’s will provide mentorship to registrars that work in the hospital, supervise other doctors, and medical students, and ad hoc teaching as required
- VMO rates - $150-200 per hour, depending on experience
- Flexible work practices
- Interesting and challenging work
- Access to leadership and mentoring programs for accelerated career progression.
- Training and collaboration opportunities
- A two hour drive from the beautiful city of Orange and just 26 kilometres from the beautiful food and wine region of Mudgee
- Live in a beautiful historic NSW town
- Unconditional General and/or Specialist Registration with the Medical Board of Australia
- Fellowship of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners and/or Fellowship of the Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine and/or Vocational Recognition as a General Practitioner
- Minimum three (3) years post graduate clinical experience
- Previous experience in Emergency Medicine, General Practice, Adult Internal Medicine, Paediatrics or Rural Medicine an advantage
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
By joining the Elective community you will receive career coaching, access to our deep knowledge of the Australian healthcare industry, our network of healthcare related educators and partners, our migration and regulatory advisor, and our relationships with public and private healthcare clients that have been established since 2008.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today. For confidential enquiries contact Emma Gordon on +61 2 9137 4301 or apply now.