Are you looking for a job with a difference? As a GP in a prison service you will provide high quality care to high need patients.
- Salary package up to $411,049 p.a
- Flexible hours negotiable
- Stunning coastal, family friendly region
The General Practitioner will be based at a High Security Prison accommodating both mainstream and protection prisoners. The Prison Health Service provides primary care health services to male prisoners who reside, or who are temporarily accommodated at the Correctional Centre.
The services sits within a large HHS providing health services to a fast growing regional area, serving a population of approximately 219,000 residents. This stunning coastal region is well known for its relaxed lifestyle, natural beauty and local attractions.
- The General Practitioner provides high quality, best practice primary health care to prisoners, including participating in an on-call roster, referring patients to hospitals and specialist clinics and other health services as required
- GP's ensure provision of evidence-based and quality clinical care to individual patients in the following domains;
- Patient interview, Clinical Examination and Identification of clinical problems and health promotion opportunities
- Plan overall clinical care and order medical investigations as appropriate
- Comprehensive GP management including chronic disease management, pain management and Hepatitis C treatment
- Perform minor procedures within scope of practice and service CSCF, similar to a general practice
- Provide primary mental health and drug and alcohol assessments. Undertake training to assess and treat patients with opioid substitution therapy
- Ensure high quality professional communication with individual patients and all relevant health professionals necessary for quality clinical care outcomes, including for transfer of responsibility of care
- Work effectively and co-operatively within in a nurse-lead clinical service and work within a multi-disciplinary team including nursing, medical, mental health, dental and other visiting specialists
- Provide clinical leadership, mentoring, training and supervision as appropriate to medical, nursing, allied health and administrative professional to improve patient care and service outcomes
- Exceptional salary package up to $411,049 p.a
- Motor vehicle allowance
- Professional development allowance
- Professional development leave 3.6 weeks p.a.
- Professional indemnity cover and private practice arrangements.
- Fantastic salary sacrificing benefits
- Flexible work arrangements
- Lower cost of living
- Current registration or eligibility for registration with the Medical Board of Australia
- Fellowship of relevant specialist College (FRACGP, FACRRM or equivalent)
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We have a very clear vision: create great careers, better lifestyles, add value - and we won't stop until this is achieved.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today.