Enjoy a strong sense of community working in rural practice in country WA.
- Indicative package $325,234 - $346,105 p.a
- 0.5 FTE appointment
- Diverse rural and remote health challenges
This is the largest country health system in Australia. It consists of 70 hospitals across seven administrative regions. A statewide multidisciplinary palliative team provides consultation services and some direct patient care across the patients' own home, hospitals in the region and residential aged care facilities.
The newly refurbished health campus was completed in 2016 and is the major integrated district health services for the region. The renovations included a huge expansion of the surgical services, including a brand new day surgery unit, a new and expanded emergency department and improved maternity services.
- As General Practitioner - Emergency Medicine you will provide oversight and management of medical services in collaboration with the region's health executive and support the integration of services across the region
- There is availability to participate as part of a roster in the well-supported emergency department, which includes morning or afternoon shifts in the ED and will enhance the professional relationships with the GP medical workforce that work at the hospital
- This is a fixed-term 0.50 FTE appointment for General Practitioner's for up to 5 years, with the possibility of extension(s)
- Indicative package $325,234 - $346,105 per annum* (*Includes Arrangement A base salary $268,877 -$287,931p.a., 10% employer contributed superannuation and professional development allowance $28,739 p.a)
- Access to salary packaging
- Professional development opportunities
- Flexible leave arrangements
- Service a large Aboriginal and Torres Strait population
- Live and work in a beautiful part of WA's South West, with its surf breaks some of the best
- There are good local schools, a variety of shopping on offer and the chance to join a great community
- Current Specialist registration with the Medical Board of Australia (AHPRA) or eligible for Specialist registration with the Medical Board of Australia (AHPRA)
- Fellowship of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners, or the Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine or, experience deemed equivalent (including RACMA) at the date of commencing.
- Sound knowledge of professional issues and trends in medicine with a particular focus on indigenous, rural and remote service delivery
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
By joining the Elective community you will receive career coaching, access to our deep knowledge of the Australian healthcare industry, our network of healthcare related educators and partners, our migration and regulatory advisor, and our relationships with public and private healthcare clients that have been established since 2008.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today. For confidential enquiries contact Emma Gordon on +61 2 9137 4301 or apply now.