Join the most advanced health facility in rural Western Australia.
- Indicative package from $400,131 - $502,214 p.a
- Diverse rural and remote health challenges
- Friendly and supportive working environment
This is the largest country health system in Australia. It consists of 70 hospitals across seven administrative regions. A statewide multidisciplinary palliative team provides consultation services and some direct patient care across the patients’ own home, hospitals in the region and residential aged care facilities.
The region is Western Australia's second most northern, covering a total area of 507,896 sq km. The new facility is the largest investment into a public hospital in regional WA, servicing approximately 21,000 people. It has an expanded emergency department, a new CT scanner, a brand-new surgical centre, new delivery suites and maternity wing, world-class Telehealth services, new and expanded outpatients and essential services such as child health and medical imaging, all under one roof, bringing care closer to home for the local community.
- As General Practitioner - Emergency Medicine you will provide comprehensive medical and community health services to the facility and surrounding remote communities
- You will provide clinical leadership, supervision, training and education, while developing and maintaining the skills necessary to provide safe, effective, appropriate and quality clinical service
- General Practitioner ’s support Nursing, Allied Health staff and Aboriginal Health Workers in delivery of health care
- Supervise undergraduate and postgraduate medical staff as required
- Full-time and part-time fixed-term appointments for General Practitioner’s for up to 5 years, with the possibility of extension(s)
- Indicative package $400,131 - $502,214 p.a
- Professional development opportunities
- Service a large Aboriginal and Torres Strait population
- Live in a region boasting globally renowned landscapes
- Serviced by Qantas and Virgin with multiple flights a day from Perth
- Bustling city centre, hip restaurants and modern facilities, surrounded by iconic natural attractions
- Current Specialist registration with the Medical Board of Australia (AHPRA) or eligible for Specialist registration with the Medical Board of Australia (AHPRA)
- Fellowship of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners, or the Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine or, experience deemed equivalent at the date of commencing.
- Candidates should also be able to provide evidence of ongoing continuous professional development in General Practice/Emergency and provide a record of completion of at least 1 of the following: ACLS, APLS , EMST, GCCA, or equivalents
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
By joining the Elective community you will receive career coaching, access to our deep knowledge of the Australian healthcare industry, our network of healthcare related educators and partners, our migration and regulatory advisor, and our relationships with public and private healthcare clients that have been established since 2008.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today. For confidential enquiries contact Emma Gordon on +61 2 9137 4301 or apply now.