Join a dedicated team and provide quality medical services within a rural health setting.
- Rewarding opportunity to make a real difference
- Bring your knowledge of contemporary Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health issues
- Opportunity to develop teaching and supervision of registrars
The Health Service encompasses 29 facilities. This hospital has capacity for 17 beds, with accident and emergency services one of the biggest services provided at the hospital. The hospital also offers visiting specialist services, visiting allied health services, outreach services and community health services as well as antenatal and postnatal services.
- As General Practitioner, you will provide efficient quality medical services to inpatients and outpatients including the provision of 24 hour emergency department coverage on a rostered basis
- You will provide leadership of the multidisciplinary team by being a role model, and leading change
- There will be an exciting opportunity to develop a teaching component and supervision of registrars and medical students
- You will participate in Clinical Governance, educational activities, quality assurance and accreditation programs
- You will participate in and facilitate education including for medical students and for nursing and allied health staff, providing training and supervision
- This is a permanent full and/or part time, part time hours negotiable.
- Indicative package between $286,981 and $324,872
- Employer superannuation contribution up to 12.75 per cent
- Flexible work arrangements
- Career training and development
- Salary packaging
- Lower cost of living
- Located approx 3 hours drive from Brisbane, this town is rich in Aborginial heritage and surrounded by State forests
- Registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) with a current annual practicing certificate is essential
- Fellowship Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (FRACGP) or Fellowship Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine (FACRRM) or enrollment in a training program to either of these Fellowships
- Advanced Clinical Skills in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island Health or working towards this additional qualification is highly desirable
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
We are not just another recruitment company; we do things our way and we consult. We work tirelessly to listen, care, empower and help you dream big to design a healthcare career you love to live.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today. For confidential enquiries contact Emma Gordon on +61 2 9137 4301 or apply now.