Working in rural NSW has many personal and professional benefits; contact us today to learn more.
- Flexible roster arrangements for a better work life balance
- Discover the financial incentives of working in regional healthcare
- VMO or salaried appointments available
This health service covers 194,949 square kilometres in remote NSW. The District is sparsely populated, with 62% of its approximately 30,000 inhabitants living in the city. The remainder of the population live in agricultural towns throughout the District. It is the most sparsely populated LHD in NSW and has the highest proportion of Aboriginal residents.
The 100-bed rural teaching hospital services a wide area with a population of 25,000, and provides a range of acute, non-acute and outpatient services. It has an emergency department, general medical, surgical, obstetrics & gynaecology, paediatric, mental health and sub-acute beds. Support services include Pathology, Medical Imaging (CT scan), as well as a wide range of Allied and Primary Health services.
- As General Practitioner, you will join an enthusiastic team of emergency medicine professionals to provide high quality, emergency healthcare to public and private patients of the facility, using contemporary and evidence-based best practice
- You will collaborate effectively within a multidisciplinary team to achieve a vision of excellence in rural and remote health.
- Visiting Medical Officer or Staff Specialist appointment considered
- Competitive remuneration package
- FIFO VMO package will include paid flights, accommodation and car
- Options for salary packaging
- Interesting and challenging work
- Live in a town surrounded by breathtaking natural landscapes in the centre of the Far West New South Wales outback
- With a population just shy of 20,000, the town is small enough to allow for a relaxed country lifestyle, while big enough to provide all the desired facilities of a regional hub including major supermarkets and retail stores, excellent schools (7 primary & 2 high), multiple gyms & aquatic centre, well-known fast food franchises and a plethora of trendy restaurants, pubs and cafés
- Daily flights to major cities
- Registration as a Medical Practitioner with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Advanced Skills Training in Emergency Medicine through RACGP, ACRRM or ACEM or significant experience at a senior level in an emergency department
- Sound clinical knowledge in Emergency Medicine demonstrated through successful clinical practice in an environment appropriate to the requirements of the position including evidence of participation in quality assurance activities and CPDs relevant to the specialty
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance.
By joining the Elective community you will receive career coaching, access to our deep knowledge of the Australian healthcare industry, our network of healthcare related educators and partners, our migration and regulatory advisor, and our relationships with public and private healthcare clients that have been established since 2008.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today. For confidential enquiries contact Emma Gordon on +61 2 9137 4301 or apply now.